High king's Way Amman to/from Petra Including 8-Hours Sightseeing
Not all places of interest in the beautiful country of Jordan are accessible by public transport. Therefore, hiring a private driver will help you make the most of your time.
I will happily take you to every place on your agenda or if you haven’t already decided, I can help plan your itinerary. I have lived all my life in Jordan and can offer suggestions so that you can make the most of your time in my wonderful country.
I can pick you up from any location, including airports, border crossings, hotels or other accommodations. You will settle back into a comfortable air conditioned car for the scenic drive. To maximize the daylight hours, we should leave by 0900. I will take you point to point or we can stop wherever you want along the way. I can offer a private car for up to four people.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- English Speaking Driver
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- For airport arrivals, if you provide your flight number when you book your airport taxi, we can track your flight and automatically adjust your pick-up time to your actual arrival time. Once your flight has landed, your driver will wait approximately 45 minutes. This should give you plenty of time to go through security, collect your luggage and make your way to the arrivals hall to meet your driver.
1.Madaba Mosaic Map, Inside St. George's Church, The floor mosaic is located in the apse of the church of Saint George at Madaba, and dates from the 6th Century AD. It depicts the Middle East and part of it is the oldest surviving map of the Holy Land and Jerusalem. Mosaics are a theme of the area, but Madaba is especially famous for a particular set of mosaics at the Church of St. George. The floor is a map of the Holy Land, crafted in exquisite detail.
2.Mount Nebo, is one of the most revered holy sites of Jordan . According to the Bible, Moses ascended Mt Nebo to view the land of Canaan and according to Christian tradition, Moses was buried on this mountain. Mt. Nebo is where Moses is said to have received his glimpse of the Promised Land, so a helpful sign points out what, exactly you’re looking at.
3.Dead Sea Panorama, The Dead Sea Panorama complex offers unbeatable panoramic views of the Dead Sea. Nearby is the Dead Sea Museum which explains the history of the Dead Sea (social, biological and geological) through photos, displays and information boards.
4.Dead Sea, There is a 3 hr stop at the Dead Sea - you will spend time at one of the private beaches which have facilities, and lunches. Not included in the price.
5.Wadi Araba Desert, After driving south down the Dead Sea highway, we turn eastwards and drive across the Wadi Araba desert before climbing up via the spectacular Namila Pass and onto the Wadi Musa plateau. The drive across the plateau and then through to Little Petra and on to Wadi Musa is superb. The views are spectacular.
6.Little Petra, Siq Al Barid (Cold Canyon) is colloquially known as Little Petra and is well worth a visit. It was thought to have served as an agricultural centre, trading suburb and resupply post for camel caravans visiting Petra. The surrounding area is picturesque and fun to explore, especially as it is home to some of the oldest settlements in the world, including Al Beidha.
7.Petra, drop off at your hotel in Petra.
Departure Point :
We offer door to door service. Our drivers will be waiting for you on arrival and will be holding a sign with your name on it. We can pick up at a variety of locations, including hotels, airports and border crossings throughout Jordan. In order to make the most of your time and maximize the daylight hours, the tour must start no later than 9am. Tours can be from point to point, or include as many stopovers as you wish. For airport arrivals, if you provide your flight number when you book your airport taxi, we can track your flight and automatically adjust your pick-up time to your actual arrival time. Once your flight has landed, your driver will wait approximately 45 minutes. This should give you plenty of time to go through security, collect your luggage and make your way to the arrivals hall to meet your driver.
AirportsQueen Alia Intl Airport, Amman Jordan
OtherAmman, Jordan - From amman to petraWadi Musa, Jordan - From petra to amman
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/4/2020 - 12/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Wadi Musa, Jordan - Drop off you at your hotel in petra
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Your safety has our absolute priority at Joyful Jordanian Journeys. To guarantee the safety and health of both travelers and drivers as much as possible, Joyful Jordanian Journeys calls on drivers and travelers to observe the increased recommended safety regulations for all journeys.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.