Hike & Visit El Escorial
Hike & Discover La Herrería ancient forest in El Escorial, close to Madrid. Sightsee oak forest, impressive rock formations, high summits, mountain wildlife and flora. And then, Visit the monumental El Escorial Monastery. Private Transport. All included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified Mountain Guide (english speaking)
- 1 hiking tour in Sierra de Guadarrama (3 hours duration approximately)
- 2 hours visit to El Escorial Monastery with audioguide. Optional visit with official tour guide.
- Trekking/Walking sticks
- Navigation equipment, group First-Aid kit and route information.
- Accident Insurance and Civil Liability Insurance.
- Non commercial transport in the guide´s vehicle and pick up service at your hotel or accommodation in Madrid.
- Transfer Madrid-El Escorial-Madrid.
What's excluded :
- Optional private visit to El Escorial Monastery with Official Tour Guide.
- Food and drinks.
- Optional picnic pack available on demand: 15 € per person. (Vegan or special food upon request)
- Tips and Gratuities.
- HIKE & VISIT EL ESCORIAL TOUR.
OLEOUTDOOR ORGANIZES HIKING TOURS IN THE SIERRA DE GUADARRAMA NATIONAL PARK AND GUIDED VISIT TO EL ESCORIAL. TRANSPORT INCLUDED.
First we will transfer to Sierra de Guadarrama National Park and hike for 3 hours. Custom hikes suitable for all ages and hiking levels.
During the hike you will sightsee ancient oak forests “Bosque de la Herrería, impressive granite rock formations, mountain wildlife and flora, and superb mountain landscapes.
After the hike we will transfer to monumental town of El Escorial.
The Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial is a symbol of the Spanish power in the XVI century and the past residence of King Philip II. El Escorial has functioned as a monastery, church, royal palace, pantheon, library, museum, university, school and hospital.
This architectural treasure also contains a superb old library, royal chambers and a permanent exhibition of the royal collection of painting masterpieces. El Escorial is also famous for housing the Royal Mausoleum, the burial place for the kings of Spain.
Enjoy the personalized attention of a private guide to make the most of your time in Madrid and El Escorial with Ole Outdoor.
-Pick up at your hotel or accommodation in Madrid and 1 hour drive to El Escorial.
-3 hours hiking tour in the oak forest of “Bosque de la Herrería”.
-30 minutes transfer from mountain area to El Escorial.
-Optional 1 hour and 15 minutes lunch break (our guide would suggest different restaurants but we recommend you to make a reservation in advance to taste the popular roasts and beef steak).
-2 hours visit to El Escorial Monastery.
-1 hour drive back to Madrid and drop-off at your hotel or accommodation in Madrid.
Enjoy the Day Tour “HIke & Visit El Escorial” in Madrid with Ole Outdoor!
Departure Point :Your accomodation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Your accomodation.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For large groups please enquire directly with the company and ask for a quote.
- No previous experience required.
- Custom hikes according to your fitness level, age, experience and preferences.
- Optional private visit to El Escorial Monastery with an Official Tour Guide selecting and adding this extra cost on check out.
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.