Hike Lion's Head sunset
At the summit of Lion's Head one has a 360 degrees views of Cape Town. Lion's Head is one of the three iconic peaks that frame the city of Cape Town. Lion's Head is the most iconic landmark after Table Mountain. Lion's Head can be reached within fifteen minutes from the city and the summit can be reached within an hour. Lion's Head has Table Mountain as its backdrop and is situated in one of the smallest but richest floral kingdoms in the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Head Lamp
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
Sunset Hike up Lion's Head.
The trail going up Lion’s head is a screw top trail you’ll be circling the mountain getting to the top. This means you’re getting views in all directions. At a certain point the dirt path gives way to rocks and you have to step up, sometimes even use your hands to climb, the use of staples/chains and ladders assist hikers in certain sections along the route exposed to heights but nothing technical.
At the summit of Lion's Head one has a 360 degrees views of Cape Town it is one of the three iconic peaks that frame the city of Cape Town and one of the most iconic landmark after Table Mountain. It has Table Mountain as its backdrop and it is situated in one of the smallest but richest floral kingdoms in the world. Then little by little, the city lights will turn on to offer a new sight for our way down.you will be provided with headlamp.
• Lion's Head, Signal Hill Road, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
Departure Point :Kloof Corner Parking Area, South Africa, Table Mountain National Park, 209 Tafelberg Rd, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
On request and if availability on the day we can collect from hotels or guest house in Cape Town city bowl only.
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The hike up Lion's Head is weather dependant
- Have a warm top because it can get a little chilly at the peak and on the way down after the sunset sun has set.
- Closed shoes (Takkies, running shoes)
- Bring your camera
- Pack a bottle of water to stay hydrated
- Not recommended for travelers with fear of height
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our 5 seaters sedan vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 3 passengers Our 8 seaters mini-buses vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 4 passengers. Discretion can be used for people from the same small family/friend group who are traveling together.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.