Hike Table Mountain at sunrise via Platteklip gorge morning tour
One of the most popular hikes on our beloved Table Mountain (platte klip in Afrikaans), name's after a large flat rock found on the route.The ‘stairway to heaven’ is the go-to route up Table Mountain for locals alike, although with 650 meters of elevation gained in less than 3 km it is no easy feat!
The world belongs to those who get up early. To be one of the few to witness the sunrise on Table Mountain is always special. You can’t beat watching the sunrise from the top of the world and Table Mountain is the closest you’ll get in Cape Town. We will hike up Table Mountain with head lamps to experience the thrill of being the few if not the only one hiking Table Mountain this early at dawn. Watch the light catch the Cape Town Stadium, while the rest of the city comes alive. When you’re so high up, even overcast days don’t matter, because you will be above the clouds.Stop off to grab some coffee at to top cable car station and back at your hotel still in time to catch breakfast!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Head lamp
What's excluded :
- Cable car ticket one way down.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
We hike up Table Mountain before sunrise to be on the plateau and witness the city of Cape Town at dawn and the sunrise.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Table Mountain Aerial Cableway, 5821 Tafelberg Rd, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or guest house in Cape Town city bowl
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The hike is weather dependant
- Have a warm top and windbreaker because it can get a little chilly at the peak.
- Closed shoes (Takkies, running shoes)
- Bring your camera
- Pack a bottle of water to stay hydrated
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our 5 seaters sedan vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 3 passengers Our 8 seaters mini-buses vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 4 passengers. Discretion can be used for people from the same small family/friend group who are traveling together.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.