Hike Table Mountain via India Venster morning tour
To hike and to scramble up Table Mountain at sunrise, high above the surrounding oceans and the city of Cape Town. Table Mountain is one of the world's natural wonders in the heart of a huge city. Also to experience the unique flora on Table Mountain commonly termed fynbos.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Registered tour guide
What's excluded :
- Cable car ticket one way down
- Water & snack
The hike gets is name from the shape of the ravine that is situated between the two large rock buttresses. The trail start behind the lower cable way station heading right up Table Mountain before reaching the contour path. From here the trail gradually ascent a gully of a buttress known as Venster buttress and veers left below the rock amphitheater. As we approaches the end east side of this amphitheater the trail become steeper with some easy scrambling. The more exiting is still to come be focus! staples and chains have been engineered along the way that renders the climbing more user friendly and safer. Past this section of climbing and scrambling the trail wanders easily up to "The Ledge" and around the corner, there is often a cooling breeze here and a good time to enjoy the view overlooking Camps Bay and the Atlantic ocean. As one rounds the next corner there are impressive cliffs high up, continues SSE the path rises steeply to a higher ledge below massive overhangs now heading away from the sea and into a shady ravine (on a morning hike) and can be cold and windy at time. The top of Table Mountain is 10mn away from here, well done!
• Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
• Half-Day Hiking and Trekking Tour on Table Mountain, Cape Town Central South Africa
Departure Point :Table Mountain Aerial Cableway, 5821 Tafelberg Rd, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
We can collect from any hotels or guest house in Cape town city bowl only.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The hike is weather dependant
- Have a warm top and windbreaker because it can get a little chilly at the top
- Closed shoes (Takkies, running shoes)
- Bring your camera
- Pack a bottle of water to stay hydrated
- Not recommended for travelers with fear of height or vertigo.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our 5 seaters sedan vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 3 passengers Our 8 seaters mini-buses vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 4 passengers. Discretion can be used for people from the same small family/friend group who are traveling together.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.