Hike Table Mountain via Kasteels Poort morning tour
Hike Table Mountain one of the most recognizable mountains in the world and one of the new seven natural wonders and experience some of the unique flora found only in the southwestern Cape commonly termed fynbos, the smallest and richest of the six floral kingdoms on our planet with many species of proteas, ericas and restios. Also unique to Table Mountain is the ghost frog a rare and elusive frog species that is endemic to Table Mountain. Keep an eye out for the old cable car ruins and just past them is the diving board – a piece of rock that juts out and offers awesome photo opportunities for those without a fear of heights but not to be attempted on a windy day!
See our photo gallery.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Cable car ticket one way down
- Bottled water
Our hike up Table Mountain via Kasteels Poort start at Kloof Neck car park 200m above sea level. In the early morning, you’ll be shaded from the sun by the mountain, making it a must do hike on a hot summer day. Our hike follows a contour path known as the Pipe-track situated above Camps Bay and along the Western lower slope of Table Mountain.The pipe track is an easy path with spectacular views of the coast and Lion’s Head. After about an hour walk we leave the main trail and veer left up a path that take us along a diagonal sweep rightwards across and below Table Mountain twelve Apostles. Once in the ravine the path gradually zing-zag almost all the way up the gorge with a number of steeper sections that involve a bit of scrambling and pulling yourself up over larger rock faces, yet none too overtly challenging. Finally reaching the back plateau of Table Mountain but it is not over yet! the path will take you up and down a series of valleys, few ladders, arriving by late morning at the upper cable car station.
• Table Mountain National Park, Table Mountain National Park, Western Cape
Departure Point :Lower Tafelberg 1, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
Look for our Cape Escape Tour registered hiking guide
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our 5 seaters sedan vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 3 passengers Our 8 seaters mini-buses vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 4 passengers. Discretion can be used for people from the same small family/friend group who are traveling together.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.