Hiking Snowdon - The Highest Mountain In Wales
With Snowdon being popular it's paths can become very crowded indeed. However, the path we will take only ever has a handful of walkers and midweek we'll have it to ourselves! This is remarkable as Snowdon is quite rightly the most visited mountain peak in the UK.
This allows for our tour to the summit of sSnowdon to be a relaxed event and one with a true flavour of isolation. A true mountain experience, so to speak
per adult from
What's included :
- First Aid Kit
What's excluded :
This day long true mountain event takes in routes that challenge and avoid the rif raf
The route is straightforward but with one short mildly exposed section and the descent to and exploration of the old slate quarries makes for a rounded and, unique to Wales Outdoors, highly memorable event.
We will walk from the Rhyd Ddu Car park to the summit of Snowdon, Wales' highest mountain and one of the UK mainland's three most popular peaks. This is a height gain of 900m. The terrain is very good footpath through to boggy ground and towards the summit a narrow path alongside a steep drop.
At the summit we'll pose for the obligatory summit photo and then go for a cuppa (in the summit cafe during it's opening season) and some lunch. Then it's down the way we ascended for a short while before making our way over fresh ground to a slate quarry. This is a very interesting spot with fine views and we'll stop here for a short break before making our way along good tracks back to the start point.
Join us for this day of wonderful walking in North Wales!
• Snowdonia National Park LL55 4UL Wales
Departure Point :Maes Parcio Rhyd Ddu, Caernarfon LL54 6TN, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- SAGE and leading health professionals state there is close to ZERO risk of contracting Covid 19 in the outdoors. The CDC have been found to be exaggerating risk as have the UK Gov throughout the pandemic. Wales Outdoors have always been of the opinion that the great outdoors is safe.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.