Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram - A Full Day Private Tour
You will experience the best of Kanchipuram Temple City on this excursion from Chennai. This visit showcases the religion, culture and architecture of ‘The City of Thousand Temples’. Travel with your knowledgeable guide to some of the most iconic temples, including Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadaraja Perumal Temple and Kailasanathar Temple and gain a deeper understanding of Hinduism. Our private tour also includes lunch at a local restaurant and a traditional silk weaving demonstration.
• Sri Ekambareswarar Temple
• Kailasanathar Temple
• Varadaraja Perumal Temple
• Buffet Lunch at a Local Restaurant
• Traditional silk-weaving demonstration
per adult from
What's included :
- English Speaking Local Guide.
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Hotel pick up / drop off within central Chennai.
- Buffet lunch at local restaurant. ( Beverage Excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- Entry/Admission - Kanchi Kudhil
What's excluded :
- Food or Drinks until or Unless Specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu
You will be picked up from your hotel in Chennai and driven to Kanchipuram, about 45 minutes away. Historically, Kanchipuram was a center of education and was known as the “ghatikasthanam”, or place of learning. The city was also a religious center of advanced education for Jainism and Buddhism between the 1st and 5th centuries. Located on the banks of the Vegavathy river, it incorporates many temples. In Vaishnavism Hindu theology, Kanchipuram is one of the seven Tirtha (pilgrimage) sites. Fourteen temples dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu are located in Kanchipuram. We will visit the three temples that exemplify this sacred town. Kailasantha Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and represents a high point in Indian architecture. Ekambareshwara Temple represents the earth form of the five form-element abode of Lord Shiva. The ancient Vaikuntaperumal Temple has beautiful pillared corridors around the sanctum dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kanchi Kudhil, 53a Sangeetha Vidwan Nainar Pillai Street, Kanchipuram India
Next, visit Kanchi Kudi, a 90-year-old house, authentic in old-style architecture and functionality. It affords a glimpse of the life of an agricultural family in a small town. While temples and monuments index the cultural life of a city, the real soul of a place is to be found in its people and their homes.
The city of Kanchipuram is well known for its hand woven silk saris. Most of the city's workforce is involved in the weaving industry. We will watch a traditional silk weaving demonstration. Lunch is included at a local restaurant (beverages at own expense). Your private tour ends when you are returned back to your hotel in Chennai.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.