Hippy Trail Hinterland Tour from Byron Bay
Follow our expert, local guides on the hippy trail through the Byron hinterland: Markets, Nimbin, Rainbow Temple, Protestors Falls.
Join us on a journey through the magnificent Byron Bay hinterland to check out all the hippie things to do in Byron Bay and beyond. To start with, there’s every type of market, each with its own special vibe. (farmers or arts and crafts market, depending on the day). Explore the hippy town of Nimbin, and visit Nimbin Candles. Enjoy a locally-sourced picnic lunch. Visit the Rainbow Temple – a spiritual community nestled in the hinterland. Check out some waterfalls (Protesters Falls or Killen Falls depending on the conditions).
Travel is in our luxury eight-seater 4WD. It’s a comfy ride, with great seats, air conditioning, video, sunroofs, and is easy to get in and out of. We’ve dubbed it the best tour vehicle in Byron Bay – because it is.
You will find our expert local guides are knowledgeable, entertaining, and informative.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and transfers from your Byron Bay accommodation
- Experienced Guide
- Locally sourced picnic lunch
- Entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Guy Rainbow Temple
- Entry/Admission - Protesters Falls
What's excluded :
- morning or afternoon tea
- Transfers to Byron Bay
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mullumbimby Farmers Market, 51 Main Arm Rd, Mullumbimby, New South Wales 2483 Australia
Our first stop is which ever market is on that day. Our favourite is the Mullumbimby Farmers Market on a Friday. It is here we will walk around the stalls, and gather fresh local produce for our picnic lunch later.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Guy Rainbow Temple, 144 Fox Rd, Rosebank, New South Wales 2480 Australia
The Rainbow Temple is nestled in the rainforest and is the vision of Guy. Who has been working on the structure for the past 30 years, with the help from the travellers who visit him and stay there. It is a unique insight into this "alternative" lifestyle of peace, love and mutual respect. We will have a look around, then sit down for a cup o tea and chat with Guy.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Protesters Falls, Nightcap National Park, Protester Falls Track, Nightcap NSW 2480, Australia
Protesters Falls is a wonderful waterfall that rises out of the rainforest. It is named after the hippies who saved this forest in 1983. which was the first successful environmental protest in Australia's history. It is here we will also enjoy our picnic lunch we we sourced at the. markets
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nimbin, Nimbin, New South Wales
Nimbin is a quirky little hippy village, that has remained unchanged since the 1970s. People liken it to Haight Ashbury in San Fransisco. will take a walk, checking out the amazing artwork, shops and meet a few colourful locals.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.