Historic Battery Point
Enjoy a relaxing, informative guided tour among the most quiet, conservative and class conscious area of Tasmania which adjoins waterfront Salamanca and prestigious Sandy bay. See the elegant Georgian homes of the colonial gentry, picturesque accommodation for officers and quaint workers cottages. Walk through this very fashionable suburb, containing some of Tasmania’s oldest homes, gardens and iconic sights.
If you can't make it on a scheduled tour, please call to arrange a tour on a day and time to suit you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide outside Parliament House near Salamanca Place on the waterfront, and then set off on your 2-hour walking tour to explore historic Battery Point. Soak up the elegance, beauty and history of this quiet and exclusive area that was once farmland known as Cottage Green. This tour includes Arthur Circus and is full of stories including dubious property dealings by Governor Arthur, the fall of the carousing Reverend Knopwood and the ship building tycoon Alexander MacGregor whose finest of grand Georgian homes still stands today.
Battery Point is best appreciated at a leisurely pace on foot with a guide who can bring to life how wealth flowed into Battery Point from the influx of trade and the British Royal Navy shipping timber, wool and rum from the Salamanca docks and warehouses.
This easy walking tour starts at Parliament House and ends in Salamanca Place - world famous for its Saturday markets, the oldest markets in Australia. Your guide will be happy to direct you to some of our favourite cafés for a reviving coffee after the tour.
Departure Point :2 Murray St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Detail :Salamanca Place, Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This is a 2 hour walking tour along city pavements
- There are places to sit or perch along the route
- Wheelchair accessible along city pavements - if assistance is required, guest must provide their own carer
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.