Historic Garrison and George Washington - What a story
Are you yearning for an authentic historic tour of Barbados? Look no further!!
Let me show you the Historic Garrison as I share my most treasured and intimate memories of my visits to this area with my father. He often took me back to 18th century Barbados, to a time when the life and times of British military occupation in Barbados was at its height. The shores and forts of Barbados also have interesting stories that I will I share. I'd love to take you for a journey through history as we travel the quaint towns and absorb in the beauty of ancient buildings alongside modern architecture.
This guided tour with audio headset is engaging as we tell you about the barracks, the hospital, the forts, the cannon collection, the prison and even the court martial site before viewing the house where George Washington stayed! A little snack helps pass the time as you are transported to the Barbadian military Garrison of 1705.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Local guide
- Personal audio device to hear the guide clearly
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - George Washington House
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Barbados Museum & Historical Society, 7 Highway St. Ann’s Garrison, St. Michael, Bridgetown Barbados
We will share a little about our stories preserved here.
Stop At: George Washington House, Bush Hill, Garrison Barbados
We will share the story of George Washington with a guided tour of the house and the tunnels.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Barbados Turf Club, The Garrison Savannah World Heritage Site, Bridgetown Barbados
We share the story of the Grand Stand and surrounding areas.
Departure Point :Bush Hill, Bridgetown, Barbados
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Availability for tours cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of tour availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, If canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.