Historical 18th Century Estate Tour with Coconut Tasting
Take a trip back in time to the 18th Century on Morne Coubaril's grand estate. Enjoy stepping back into time viewing the replica stick huts once used by villagers. See and taste all the processes for coconut, cocoa and sugar over the course of this 1 hour tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Morne Coubaril HIstorical Adventure Park
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Start your tour after meeting your guide at the predetermined location. Make your way through a small village of replica stick huts similar to those used two centuries ago by local villagers. The gardens around offer close-up views of the more popular local flora. The professional guide will then lead you through the medicinal herbal garden where you will learn about nature's own healing remedies. The grandeur of the Monplaisir family's estate house will be next on the list. Take plenty of photos before the next demonstration.
For the next activity, the guide will explain the process of dehusking a coconut to you. Learn how to dry the copra in your oven before enjoying a taste of coconut water and jelly. After enjoying the bay view from the point, you will have the opportunity to taste a ripe cocoa bean at the cocoa and coffee house. Watch the process of fermentation, bean drying, and the cocoa dance used to polish the dried beans. End the tour after visiting the mule driven sugar cane mill with a tasting of fresh cane juice.
Departure Point :Morne Coubaril Estate, St Lucia
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.