History & Mystery of Rome walking tour
Beside the grandeur of the ancient Roman past and the Renaissance, there is much more to discover about Rome. It is just needed to wander across the city centre like a true Roman citizen for sensing something unusual, for noticing (even from the outside) that something is located behind a left ajar door, a badly enlightened window, inside the tick walls of a house, around the corner of a street, or permeating a statue. Something that is not belonging to our time anymore, but that pertains to the eternity of a city which is totally rife with stories and memories about cruelty, murders, executions, vengeance, torment and power. Join us in a walking tour which will let you wander across many small, secret streets and squares of Rome’s city centre for letting you discover part of its hidden and twisted past, several untold stories, and also many curiosities, some of them even about a few well known places and buildings.
The tour starts at the Castel Sant'Angelo and end in Largo Argentina.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Expert, English-speaking licensed guide
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Headsets for hearing the guide from 5+ participants
- Off The Beaten Path
What's excluded :
- Food and Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
Discover, from the outside, the history and evolution of this magnificent fortress and learn its various uses throughout the centuries.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
One of the most beautiful squares in the World will be also one of the stop of this itinerary. It has a rich history and you'll also learn what Piazza Navona hides underneath its cobblestones.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
Due to its rich history and unconventional architectonic structure, Pantheon hides numerous stories and legends within its walls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 52, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.