History and Nature Prevails at Pyin Oo Lwin
Those seeking to escape the heat of the central plains need only travel 80 kilometers east of Mandalay, up a winding road to the old British hill station of Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymo). Although the main road through town serves as a busy trade route for trucks carrying goods to and from China, exploring the area’s back roads will reveal quaint Edwardian cottages dating back to the colonial era, as well as gardens where flowers, strawberries and even coffee beans are grown.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Peik Chin Myaung Cave
- Entry/Admission - Hampshire Falls and Caves (Pwe Kauk)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo), Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo), Mandalay Region
Created by the British colonial rulers to escape the Mandalay tropical heat, the town nowadays attracts domestic and international visitors, eager to see its colonial buildings, churches, and manicured gardens. It comes as no surprise that many images depicting the charm and rustic side of Pyin Oo Lwin with plenty of flowers, strawberries and coffee beans.
Upon arrival, visitors will immediately be charmed by this delightful small town of colonial-style buildings, markets, and a botanical garden. Feel the historical atmosphere by travelling through town in a traditional, colourful horse-drawn carriage. Little beats an exploratory ride through Pyin Oo Lwin on a horse-drawn carriage. Still seen as a popular means of transportation in this former British hill station, guests will pass some of the most noteworthy buildings in this quaint town. With your camera in your hand, there will be plenty of photo moments passing by.
Stop At: Peik Chin Myaung Cave, Lashio Road Wetwun village, Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo) Myanmar
After lunch at a simple local restaurant, venture out to visit the Peik Chin Myaung Cave, almost as old as the land itself. The cave itself is an extensive network of naturally created caverns and passages, filled with small temples and Buddha images. Proceed afterwards to the Pwe Kauk Fall, a favourite picnic spot for residents before we head back to Mandalay.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hampshire Falls and Caves (Pwe Kauk), 8 km from town, off the Lashio road, Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo) Myanmar
During the British occupation, the waterfalls were named Hampshire Falls. With its location outside town way towards Lashio, this little natural hideaway has long been seen as the spot for a relaxing moment. Added to the spectacle, the scenery around this favourite past-time spot for those living in and around Pyin Oo Lwin is of indescribable beauty.
Arrival back in Mandalay will be around 6 pm after a full day of unmissable highland exploration in charming Myanmar.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Mandalay hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Mandalay. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Sagaing, Amarapura, Monywa, Pyin Oo Lwin, river cruise ports and Mandalay’s International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.