Ho Chi Minh City Street Food Tour with Dinner
Eat like the locals do in Ho Chi Minh City on a 2.5-hour walking tour with an in-the-know guide. Sample culinary delights that have made Southern Vietnamese cuisine famous, from ‘banh mi’ sandwiches to popular rice dishes — enough for dinner and dessert. Taste Saigonese coffee, beer and street food from local vendors as you explore markets and cafés while the sun goes down. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring a personalized experience with a small group of fellow food lovers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- All food and drink samples indicated in the itinerary
- Coffee or tea
- Beer or soft drink with peanuts or rice crackers
- Entry/Admission - Quán Cháo Mực 10
- Entry/Admission - Maritime Bank Tower
- Entry/Admission - Vietnam Explore
- Entry/Admission - Minh Phượng
What's excluded :
- Additional Food and Drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ho Chi Minh City Museum of Fine Arts, 97A Phó Đức Chính, Phường Nguyễn Thái Bình, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
We will meet our guide there.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Quán Cháo Mực 10, 10 Phó Đức Chính, Phường Nguyễn Thái Bình, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Our Saigon food tour kicks off with some authentic local appetizers such as chao muc (a dry squid porridge) and xa xui (Cantonese barbecued pork).
Learn how Chinese food has been integrated into Vietnamese cuisine as you inhale the spicy flavours of the street stalls and watch local life unfold before your eyes in the heart of Saigon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Maritime Bank Tower, 180, 192 Đ. Nguyễn Công Trứ, Phường Nguyễn Thái Bình, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 70000, Vietnam
Our immersion into local life continues as we make our way to the corner of Nguyen Cong Tru and Calmette for a unique street food called banh bo banh tieu, which recalls memories of many Saigoneses’ childhoods.
You will arrive to Chua Ba Thien Hau – the Goddess of the Sea,
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chợ Cầu Ông Lãnh, 145 Võ Văn Kiệt, Phường Cầu Ông Lãnh, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
We will pass by this.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Vietnam Explore, 254 Đề Thám, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
It wouldn’t be a true local experience without enjoying coffee the way Saigonese coffee aficionados do on a daily basis. We’ll head to a popular local hem of Saigon to enjoy a cup. We’ll show you the local style of taking your coffee and you’ll feel right at home!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Minh Phượng, 96 Cô Bắc, Phường Cô Giang, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Next up on our Saigon food adventure is another one of the city’s iconic street food dishes: bo cuon mo chai (barbecued beef meatballs) and fried rice flour cake with egg. These dishes are some of the most popular and preferred dishes by southerners, and you can find them everywhere, from street stalls to fancy restaurants. What makes them so beloved is that the ingredients are so strikingly simple, yet the tastes and flavours are truly unforgettable (we promise).
We’ll cap off our Saigon street food tour with, what else, street beer! At this street beer stall we’ll outfit you with a cold Saigon beer with peanut and rice cracker and taste some deep fried tofu with lemongrass or salted egg yolk with green chili salted. It is the great chance to mingle with locals – not a bad way to end the evening, is it?!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Ho Chi Minh City Museum of Fine Arts, 97A Phó Đức Chính, Phường Nguyễn Thái Bình, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :De Tham, Đề Thám, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please inform your local guide about any food allergies you may have. Unfortunately, we cannot cater to vegetarians or vegan travellers.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Please note that this tour visits independent, family-owned businesses whose operating schedules and menus may change. Therefore, street food venues and local dishes often vary; your local guide will make any final adjustments on the spot.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.