Hobart's Cliffs, Caves and Beaches Kayak Tour
Discover why picturesque Storm Bay, at the mouth of Hobart’s Derwent River, is a favourite weekend playground of locals. Just 20km from the city and experience an astounding variety of scenery - tranquil bays, lichen-covered cliffs, sea caves, and idyllic sandy beaches.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch, snacks and refreshments are provided. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- Stable double kayaks, paddles, life jackets, spray jackets, warm fleeces (if required) and wet suit booties
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pickups
Kayak amongst tranquil bays and beneath the lichen-covered Alum Cliffs, explore sea caves, enjoy views of Bruny Island and leave your footprints on idyllic sandy beaches. This full-day paddle is operated in a one-way direction between the towns/suburbs of Tinderbox and Taroona, depending on the forecast wind direction.
You will spend approximately 2 hours kayaking in the morning before a lunch break, and then 2 hours kayaking in the afternooon.
For lunch, enjoy Tasmania’s famous produce whilst relaxing on one of our many beautiful beaches.
Throughout your day, keep a look out for the abundant wildlife that calls this Tinderbox Marine Reserve home, including majestic white-bellied sea eagles, stingrays, seals and if we’re lucky a pod of dolphins or a migrating whale.
Departure Point :Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 20 Davey St (and Elizabeth Mall Information Hub, Elizabeth St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Roaring 40s Kayaking