Holland towns and mills tour by bus from Amsterdam
Meet with Buendíatours the charm of the Dutch countryside and its famous mills, during this excursion we will visit the towns famous for cheese, herring and
the traditional wooden clogs. The funniest way to see the picturesque Dutch villas on your trip to Amsterdam.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide in Spanish
- City recommendations
- Round trip by air-conditioned bus
- Visit to a clog and cheese factory
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Tickets to museums
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Prins Hendrikkade, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
With the best daylight we will arrive at the Zaanse Schaans mills. Our guides will tell the story of the most beautiful postcard in the Dutch countryside in great detail.
The image we see today, with the Zaanse Schans windmills, responds to the industry that developed in the Zaan region during the 17th and 18th centuries. Oil, paint, mustard or paper were produced here.
We will enjoy free time to tour and photograph the mills and traditional houses of the XV century in the middle of nature.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Edam, Edam, North Holland Province
We take the road route for a few minutes to discover the province of Waterland: dykes, polder, locks and a spectacular palette of greens that will accompany us throughout the day. Did you know that the region is completely reclaimed from the sea?
We will arrive at the town of Edam to discover its alleys and its imposing architecture. A town with a name as peculiar as its famous cheese. Together we will walk through its enchanted streets until we reach the medieval market in operation since the 16th century. Houses surrounded by canals and bridges or spectacular churches of Christian and Protestant tradition make Edam the best way to discover the Golden Age of the Netherlands.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Volendam, Volendam, North Holland Province
We will reach Volendam, a fishing village of small colorful houses and original shops. We will enjoy an aperitif in a cheese factory where we will taste the most typical product from the Dutch farm. You will also have the opportunity to sweeten the day with a demonstration of stroopwafles, the delicious waffle dough cookies filled with caramel. Who can resist the temptation of cheese and stroopwafles? .
In Volendam you will enjoy free time for lunch and make a small purchase along its promenade.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Marken, Marken, North Holland Province
Finally we will arrive at Marken, a spectacular peninsula located on the IJsselmeer lake. Together with our guides we will let ourselves be carried away by a town of fishermen's houses and dream gardens facing the sea. One of the houses is still an old traditional clog workshop where we will know how they are made and we will even try them on!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Prins Hendrikkade, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Lovers Canal Cruises, Stationsplein 14, 1012 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Our guides have in mind the best for clients; While the tour generally includes the sites and stories mentioned and lasts for about 2.5 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group.
- Meals are not included, but your guide will be happy to point you to some great places to eat.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.