Holy week Day tour in Guatemala City
Although Semana Santa is when most visitors travel to Antigua, it’s not the only place to experience the Easter celebrations.
Holy Week can actually be a good time to visit Guatemala City, the historical center will be filled with beautiful and solemn religious processions and colorful sawdust carpets as well.
You can start taking this tour during The Easter season—known as Lent—begins on Ash Wednesday (February 26, 2020) with Decorated churches and special vigils or explore the City’s Holy Week starting April 5th.
All the religious floats during the holy week are a "not to miss" when you visit Guatemala. But there are 4 special processions you should keep in mind when booking your tour:
- Palm Sunday
- Good Friday
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Sunday
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Certified Tour Guide
- Special Souvenir
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of Guatemala City
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Palacio Nacional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Mayor de la Constitucion, Entre 6a Avenida y 6a Calle Zona 1, Guatemala City 01001 Guatemala
The place to start a sightseeing tour through the historic center of Guatemala City must be the Constitution Square (officially: Plaza Mayor de la Constitución), which has also been called Central Park, since it is in the heart of Zone 1, the city downtown. In this area there are the most important government, financial and administrative buildings of the country.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cathedral of Guatemala City, 7a Avenida 6-73, Cdad. de Guatemala, Guatemala
Is an imposing twin towered structure. Built in the neoclassical style with completion in 1815. The cathedral has survived three major earthquakes: 1830, 1917, and 1976.
During Lent and Holy week the cathedral will be decorated with catholic fabrics and colorful vigils.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palacio Nacional, 6 Calle and 7 Ave. Plaza de Armas - Zona 1, Guatemala City 01001 Guatemala
Built between 1939 and 1943 to be the National Palace or house of the government, was declared Historic, Cultural and Artistic Patrimony of Guatemala in November 1980 and it is now open to the public as a museum.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia El Santísimo Nombre de Jesús, Templo De La Recolección, 3A Av 224, Cdad. de Guatemala 01001, Guatemala
This is a Neoclassic church constructed on the 18th century. During holy week there´s a lot of vigils within the church.
Its main procession or religious float goes out on "Passion Saturday" (4th of Apr) with the precious images of Nazarene Jesus and the Sorrow Virgin.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia Santo domingo, 12 Avenida 10-09 Zone 1, Guatemala City Guatemala
Santo Domingo is a Neoclasic church constructed during the 18th century.
During holy week its most famous procession is the "Buried Lord" on Good Friday.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers from their hotel motor lobby in Guatemala City
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for enoclophobia, fear of crowds of people
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.