Hong Kong Private Tour - The Classics
In Hong Kong for the first time or back, this visit presents a fascinating insight into the history of the territory, its geography and geopolitics. While walking through the districts of CENTRAL (business district), PEAK VICTORIA, SHEUNG WAN (the old town), TSIM SHA SHUI (on the KOWLOON peninsula) and SHAM SHUI PO (the poorest district) English speaking guide will not be stingy with historical facts, anecdotes and legends that make Hong Kong a unique and exciting destination. Topics such as relations with China, social housing, youth, street art and Feng Shui will be discussed. You can also enjoy local dishes.
Discover the history of Hong Kong (its past, present and future)
Skip the line at the Peak Tram funicular
Tasting of local dishes
Discovery of local culture
Tour in fluent French
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Private guide
- Public transport (bus, tram (Ding Ding), MTR (metro) and Star Ferry
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal insurance
Your private guide picks you up at your hotel (or another place if more convenient) and takes you to Statue Square in CENTRAL (Hong Kong Island) where you discover the history of Hong Kong (its past, present and his future). Many of the buildings surrounding this square tell fascinating stories connected to the principles of Feng Shui. We then walk to the Peak Tram funicular station to go up to PEAK VICTORIA. Your guide will be provided with a queue to avoid the long queue which can reach 2 hours. From one of the panoramic terraces, you admire the magnificent and impressive view of the BAY of Hong Kong and the NEW TERRITORIES. Our next stop will take you to SHEUNG WAN where your guide will explain the various shops there: sale of ingredients for traditional Chinese medicine or for local festivals and banquets. After visiting the Taoist temple of MAN MO, you cross Hong Kong Bay by Star Ferry. The view from the KOWLOON peninsula offers a breathtaking panorama and the opportunity to discuss the many embankments that surround the bay. You will see the old maritime police station, the Peninsula hotel and then go to SHAM SHUI PO, the poorest and most authentic district of Hong Kong where you can taste the many snacks offered by street vendors. The tour ends at your hotel or in a place decided beforehand.
Our guides are fluent in French and are all professional, knowledgeable, caring and very friendly. They have all lived in Hong Kong for many years and are certified by the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong.
Departure Point :Central, Hong Kong
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Départ flexible entre 9h et midi, il est cependant conseillé de démarrer le tour à 9h
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A confirmation will be sent to you at the time of booking
- We will contact you as soon as the tour is confirmed to define the final itinerary. You may also offer us other options to make your visit more enjoyable. Weather can also influence the route
- The tour is in French
- The tour requires walking
- Due to the geography of Hong Kong, the tour is not recommended for people with reduced mobility - a car can however be used at an additional cost
- The duration of the tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on weather conditions and traffic
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.