Horseshoe Bay Beach Eco Walking Tour
Enjoy this wonderful experience as you discover the most beautiful beach in Bermuda and its off the beaten path walking trails. You will learn plant life along this nature reserve, found in this beautiful paradise Island. Discover the best place to find pink sand. This is a must see experience that will build within you an appreciation for the local people who have survived on this tiny isolated Island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for over four hundred years.
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This tour will begin at The Horseshoe Bay Beach parking lot in Southampton, Bermuda. The guide will begin the tour with an explanation of the limestone bedrock on the island and it's geological development. Next the guide will travel in a southern direction explaining the value and use of the trees and plants found along the coastal areas. Soon after, the guide will take you into the shaded wooded area parallel to the beach headed in a north-easterly direction, where you will see the sand dunes. While there, you will learn how to catch crabs and lizards, while continuing to learn about the surrounding plant life. We will circumvent back onto the farthest end of the beach, as the guide carefully points out birds nest in the rock face in the background of smaller pink sand beaches. Then the guest will be treated to a fishing demonstration as to how locals fish off the rocks. This is Truly an experience of a lifetime"
Departure Point :Horseshoe Bay Beach
Departure Time :9am/11am/1pm
Return Detail :Tour ends at Horseshoe Bay Beach parking Lot
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable Shoes as the tour is a beach walk.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.