Horton Plains Nature Trekking : Private Tour From Nuwara Eliya
Nature trekking in Horton Plains national park would be an amazing experience in your journey to Sri Lanka. Our team is well experience and expertise in nature trekking tours in Horton Plains national park. We will pick up you from your hotel in Nuwara Eliya and drive to national park. Our guides are well knowledgeable about Horton Plains national park and natural habitats of animals. So you are very lucky to spot amazing lovely moments of wild animals, specially leopards, endemic birds and mammals and reptile species . After the nature trekking you will enjoy refreshments with traditional hospitality and you will drop off to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Best time to start nature trekking is 06:00 am
per adult from
What's included :
- Horton Plains national park trekking tour
- Entrance tickets to national park
- English speaking trekking guide
- Snacks and refreshments
- 1000 ml water bottle per person
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and tips
- Anything NOT mentioned under Inclusions
Horton Plains National Park is a protected area in the central highlands of Sri Lanka and is covered by montane grassland and cloud forest. This plateau at an altitude of 2,100– 2,300 meters (6,900–7,500 ft.) is rich in biodiversity and many species found here are endemic to the region. This region was designated a national park in 1988. It is also a popular tourist destination and is situated 8 kilometers (5.0 mi) from Ohiya, 6 kilometers (3.7 mi) from the world famous Ohiya Gap/Dondra Watch and 32 kilometers (20 mi) from Nuwara Eliya. The Horton Plains are the headwaters of three major Sri Lankan rivers, the Mahaweli, Kelani, and Walawe. In Sinhala the plains are known as Maha Eliya Plains. Stone tools dating back to Balangoda culture have been found here. The plains' vegetation is grasslands interspersed with montane forest, and includes many endemic woody plants. Large herds of Sri Lankan Sāmbhar deer feature as typical mammals, and the park is also an Important Bird Area with many species not only endemic to Sri Lanka but restricted to the Horton Plains. Forest dieback is one of the major threats to the park and some studies suggest that it is caused by a natural phenomenon.
• Horton Plains National Park, Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from your hotel in Nuwara Eliya. You will be pick up at 05:00 am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Please follow health and government safety guidelines regarding COVID 19. Negative PCR test report required. Please contact us via whats app or website for any further assistance.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.