Hudson Valley Fall Foliage Helicopter Tour from Westchester (Shared)
New York State’s picturesque fall foliage season is not to be missed. Instead of crowded parks and trails marvel at the cascade of blazing reds, yellows and oranges of Hudson Valley fall foliage from the comfort of a helicopter. Helicopters lift off from a quiet location at Westchester Airport and in just a few minutes you will find yourself soaring above historic and natural landmarks dressed in fall colors. All tours are personally narrated by friendly and experienced pilots.
30-minute tour includes: Castle-on-Hudson, Kykuit (Rockefeller Estate), Sleepy Hollow Lighthouse, Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, Indian Point Energy Center, Harriman State Park, Bear Mountain, US Military Academy at West Point* and the infamous Sing Sing Prison.
Opt for the 45-minute tour to see Dick's Castle, Bannerman Castle and landmarks south of the Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge: Lyndhurst Mansion and The Palisades.
*West Point subject to temporary airspace restrictions
per adult from
30 to 45 minutes
What's included :
- Live commentary
What's excluded :
- Airport fee $25 per person
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wings Air Helicopters, 67 Tower Rd Ross Aviation West, White Plains, NY 10604-1704
Check in and helicopter departure
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Kykuit, 381 N Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591-1806
Pass By: Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, 333 S Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591-5612
Pass By: The Tarrytown Lighthouse, Kingsland Point Park Palmer Avenue, Tarrytown, NY 10591
Pass By: Hudson Valley, NY
Pass By: United States Military Academy Visitors Center, 2107 New South Post, West Point, NY 10996-2001
Pass By: Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, NY
Pass By: Harriman State Park, Palisades Interstate Park Commission, Bear Mountain, NY 10975
Stop At: Wings Air Helicopter Charter, New York, 67 Tower Rd, West Harrison, NY 10604, USA
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :67 Tower Rd, West Harrison, NY 10604, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours depart from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside NYC easily accessed by public transit (Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (free parking).
- Convenient roundtrip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for additional fee (if option selected).
- 2-3 passengers fly in Robinson R44 helicopter, 4-5 passengers fly in AStar helicopter.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs (113 kg) per passenger, also subject to combined weight limits per helicopter (500 lbs or 226 kg in R44 helicopter, 1000 lbs or 453 kg in AStar helicopter).
- Maximum passenger height in R44 helicopter is 6 ft 3 in (192 cm).
- Flights should be booked for the first days of your New York visit, in case of schedule changes due to bad weather or helicopter maintenance.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This is not a private tour. Shared flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to operate and may be cancelled if minimum is not met.
- Fall foliage tours are subject to actual color changes, typically occurring between mid September and early November.
- Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control and temporary flight restrictions.
- Children younger than 2 years may ride on their parent’s lap at no cost.
- Under 18 requires parental or guardian consent.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note: this tour departs and arrives in Westchester.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.