Hue Tour - Nguyen Dynasty’s Ancient City and The Perfume River at Sunset
Hue was the capital city of the Nguyen lords that took over Vietnam, in 1802. The french had a big part in establishing the Nguyen dynasty and also its downfall, when the communist-led VietCong movement took power in the “August Revolution” of 1945. You’ll walk the ancient grounds of 3 Emperors Mausoleums, Minh Mang’s, Khai Dinh’s, and Tu Duc’s. Before lunch stop and see how the iconic rice paddy hats and incense stick are made. Listed by UNESCO as world heritage the Imperial city is the walled fortress and palace built in 1805, surrounded by moat. It took thousands of workers 27 years to build the city and walls 6.6 meters in height, 21 meters thick and 10 kilometers in circumference. It’s divided into two main parts excluding houses and mansions: The Citadel, and The Forbidden City. Finally return on a gentle boat ride as you watch the sunset over the Perfume river, named such because in fall the flowers from orchards upriver fall into the water, giving the river a perfume-like aroma
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All entrance fees to destination
- Lunch in a restaurant with local Vietnamese food
- English speaking tourguide
- Car transfer & boat trip
- Entry/Admission - Hue Imperial City (The Citadel)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hue Imperial City (The Citadel), Hue Vietnam
7:45am Our guide and driver pick up you at your hotel and then take a full day to discover Hue: visit Emperor Minh Mang's Mausoleum, Emperor Khai Dinh's Mausoleum, Performing Programs Of Vo Kinh Van An - Vietnam Traditional Kung Fu, and Emperor Tu Duc’s Mausoleums. Stop on the way to see how conical hats and incense sticks are made. Lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, visit Imperial capital during Nguyen Dynasty and the seven – storey Thien Mu Pagoda on the riverbank. Return by boat on the gentle Perfume River and do not miss the sunset on the river. You will come back your hotel.
End of Tour.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will come to pick you up, please leave your hotel address or your flight number on booking.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.