Humantay Lagoon & Condor Canyon
With turquoise-colored water nestled between Andean mountains and a spectacular glacier as the backdrop, Humantay Lake is one of the most scenic destinations in Cusco. This full day excursión includes also a visit to the Andean Condor lookout point. The Andean condors are the largest flying birds in the entire world and their impressive wingspans are a sight to remember!
The small group, limited to just 14 people, ensures plenty of attention from the guide and a more intimate experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, BL=Box lunch)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- The Humantay Lake & Condor Viewing Excursion is a full day trip from Cusco that allows our guests to become fully immersed into the high Andes. Departing from Cusco at 4:30am we will drive to the town of Soraypampa to begin a 1 1/2 hour trek up to Humantay Lake, located at 4,300 meters (14,107 feet).
The Turquoise lake is an absolutely stunning treasure in the Cusco región. Once at the lake guests will have time at leisure for photography and exploring the surrounding área and if you dare, take a dip in the glacial waters! We will then make our way back down the mountain to Soraypampa for a delitious and hearty boxed lunch.
After lunch we will drive through the Andes to the Community of Chonta. From there we start a 1 hour walk by a flat and undulating trail to the natural Condor lookout point located at the dramatic heights of the Apurimac Canyon. To watch this beautiful bird with a wing span of up to 3 m soaring to the backdrop of the breath taking canyon is an experience that may deeply touch you. In the early afternoon we start our hike back to Chonta and then drive back to Cusco arriving there around 8:00pm.
Departure Point :Centrally located Cusco hotels
Departure Time :4:30 am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.