Humantay Lake (2 Days)
The Humantay lagoon is located in the Vilcabamba mountain range, at the foot of the Humantay glacier you will find this fascinating popular popular glacier lake and a jewel of nature on the Apu Salkantay route.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport (Cusco – Soraypampa – Cusco)
- Professional licensed bi-lingual local guide
- Breakfast - Breakfast (both days)
- Lunch - Lunch (both days)
- Dinner - Dinner on the first night
- Emergency horse (each for a group)
- Camping tents for two people
- Walking Sticks
- Snack (chocolate, apple, cereal bar, rehydrating water, mineral water)
- Sleeping bags
- Inflatable matress
- First Aid Kits
What's excluded :
- Airport Transfer
- Food (Except what is mentioned in inclusions)
- DAY 1: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAYPAMPA
Pick up will be from 04:00 to 04:30 a.m. by the staff of Machu Picchu Peru Tours from their respective hostels. We will leave the city of Cusco at 04:45 am in the direction of Soray Pampa, which is located at 3,900 meters above sea level.
When arriving at this beautiful place our cook prepares a delicious breakfast to us, while we go enjoying the beautiful landscape that surrounds us since we will be at the foot of the snowy Apu Salkantay.
After our breakfast we will begin our walk for 3 hours, in this journey we will observe multicolored landscapes and crops that mix between the mysterious mountains and snowy mountains, Andean animals like the llama, alpaca, sheep, vicuñas, deep valleys and the great diversity of flora and fauna, later we will arrive at Challapata, the place planned for our lunch, we will continue the journey and after three hours of walking we arrive at Salkantay Pampa to take our dinner and rest until the next day under the light of the classic starry sky of our Inca mountains and Cusco.
DAY 2: SALKANTAYPAMPA – LAGUNA HUMANTAY – SORAYPAMPA – CUSCO
This day we will get up very early to enjoy our delicious breakfast and take the walk to the impressive Humantay Lagoon which is located at (4200 m.s.n.m) where we can enjoy a spectacular view of the second highest mountain in the Cusco region.
The Humantay Lake is fed by glaciers of the mountain of the snowy Salkantay (5900msnm). Once we enjoy the breathtaking views of Lake Humantay and the surrounding mountains, we will return to our campsite to enjoy our Buffet lunch, after lunch we will continue the walk until we reach Soraypampa where our bus will be waiting for us to return to Cusco.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick up and drop off services to hotels with-in the historic centre of Cusco. If you are staying outside the zone, we will be communicating the pick up point and time and it is solely your responsiblity to reach there.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.