Humpback Whale Swim on a Sailing Catamaran
Humpback Whale Swim on a Sailing Catamaran - August, September and October.
Ningaloo Discovery is excited to announce that we’ve been selected by the Department of Parks and Wildlife to operate in the first ever in water Humpback Whale Swim Tours conducted from the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Marine Park, from Exmouth. This is the first time this exciting opportunity will be trialled in Western Australia with only a handful of other locations around the world commercially licenced to offer this amazing experience. The Ningaloo Marine Park is recognised as one of the major migratory routes for these magnificent creatures on their annual journey from Antarctica to the Kimberley region with an estimated 30,000 passing by and resting in the sheltered waters in 2016.
Ningaloo Discovery offers guests a Humpback Whale experience on-board a very stable, spacious 58ft sailing catamaran, which provides a 360-degree viewing platform and the opportunity to lounge and relax on the comfortable day beds, bow nets and various seating spots while soaking up and enjoying the beauty of the Ningaloo Marine Park and all the amazing wildlife we may encounter. With the use of our very own spotter plane, our pilot will direct us to pods of whales and any other marine life spotted from above.
Swimming with a Humpback Whale in their natural environment is an extraordinary life changing experience, one not to be taken for granted, and as such is conducted with the utmost respect to the whales. Each day presents a unique experience, and some whales are more interactive than others. Humpback Whales are very inquisitive creatures and it is quite possible they will seek interaction with humans and swim close to us. Ningaloo Discovery will do absolutely everything possible to have guests swimming in the water with a Humpback Whale!
The crew of Ningaloo Discovery are very experience in reading the whales behaviour and interaction viability. Your small group of 5 and your guide will slide into the water and aim to swim with a majestic Humpback Whale, this is truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Guests who book on as "Observers" are welcome to participate in all itinerary activities except for entering the water with a Humpback Whale.
You will experience warm friendly staff, fun activities, delicious food and memories to last a lifetime from the minute we pick you up to the moment we say goodbye. Our priority is making your day the best we possibly can!
- Return transfers from accomodation to vessel
- Meals and drinks throughout the day
- All snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Professional photography package of the day
- Spotter plane to find humpback whales and other wildlife
- Day 1 : Full Day Humpback Whale TourOur amazing itinerary for the day: - Starting from 7:45am, you will be picked up from your accommodation and taken out to the Windcheetah sailing catamaran where you will be greeted by our friendly crew and fitted with masks, snorkels, fins and wetsuits. - Moments later immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters of Ningaloo Reef at one of our beautiful snorkel spots in the sheltered lagoon. Here you will see an array of corals and colourful fish, sometimes even turtles and rays! Take this time to ask questions, get snorkelling tips, make sure your gear fits and practice getting on and off the boat before your whale swim. - Now you can enjoy morning tea as our plane gets searching for Humpback Whales. Once located we will get nice and close with the boat to observe these gentle giants as they cruise the reef. The pilot, skipper and crew will asses the whales behaviour and then whale swimming guests will be directed to put their snorkel gear on and we will do our best to get you interacting with them in the water! Observers will watch the action from the comfort of the Windcheetah's bow. If these whales are not viable to swim with, our pilot will find us more! - After we have spent as much time as possible with the Humpback Whales you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as we cruise the reef in search of any other wildlife. Manta Rays, Dolphins, Whale Sharks, Turtles and anything else that may be around. - Now we head back inside the lagoon where the water is turquoise blue and anchor up at a new special spot on the reef for another snorkel. Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our Stand Up Paddle Boards or a Glass Bottom Kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef. - Relax with some refreshing afternoon tea and a glass of sparkling wine on our way back to shore before the crew return you safe and sound and full of smiles back to your accomodation. - The experience lives on as we will provide you with access to all the photos of the day taken by our professional photographer free of charge!!!Meals :Lunch
- Departs 7 days per week from August - October
- Pick up times:
- 7:30am - Ningaloo B&B
- 7:40am - Mantarays Resort
- 7:40am - Exmouth Escape Resort
- 7:45am - RAC/BIG4 Cape Holiday Park
- 7:45am - Ningaloo Caravan & Holiday Resort
- 7:45am - Exmouth Visitors Centre
- 7:55am - Ningaloo Lodge
- 7:55am - Potshot Resort/YHA Backpackers
- 8:00am - Sea Breeze Resort
- 8:15am - Lighthouse Caravan Park
- 8:20am - Yardie Creek Homestead
- 8:25am - Meet at Tantabiddi Boat Ramp
- Other - Please advise Ningaloo Discovery
- Tour returns approx 4:30pm