Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Small Group: Cheese, Choc, Lunch, from Sydney+Hunter
Take a small-group day trip of the beautiful Hunter Valley in a luxury mini bus with leather reclining seats and expert local guide explaining the history of the region and interesting commentary. Sample the region’s delicious wines and freshest local produce. You'll visit artisanal small-production wineries and enjoy a gourmet lunch at a local restaurant. Tour numbers are limited to 10 passengers on this small-group tour to the Hunter Valley, for a more personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Gourmet lunch with wine selection
- Wine tastings
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Hunter Valley
- Entry/Admission - Leogate Estate Wines
- Entry/Admission - Wine House Hunter Valley
- Entry/Admission - Tulloch Wines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hunter Valley, New South Wales Australia
Your informative and knowledgeable guide will collect you from the agreed Sydney or Hunter Valley pick up point. Departing Sydney we travel north over the Sydney Harbour Bridge directly to the Hunter Valley, which is nestled in the lee of the Great Dividing Range. Enroute we will take a short restroom stop.
Arriving into the valley, this is Australia’s oldest and best-known wine region and is soaked in 180 years of history. It’s a dynamic and fascinating area that brims with over 150 top class wineries, indulgent restaurants as well as gourmet produce and boutique breweries
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Leogate Estate Wines, 1693 Broke Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
This opulent cellar door is the perfect place to enjoy that unique taste which only the Hunter Valley and their award-winning wines can provide. The Brokenback Vineyard was planted in the late 1960s by one of Australia’s wine industry legends Len Evans and we will enjoy personalised tasting of 6 wines with individual serving of Cheddar Cheese, Lavosh and Relish to accompany.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wine House Hunter Valley, 426 McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
a one stop cellar door and restaurant showcasing over 40 wines from a range of boutique winemakers. From traditional varieties to new and emerging, there is always an outstanding line up of wines on tasting. Taking a seat at the bar, your host will take you on a relaxed journey through a range of fantastic wines, personalised to your tastes. On conclusion of the tasting, you will indulge with a delicious grazing board lunch featuring a wide variety of local produce with 1 glass of beer or wine per person.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tulloch Wines, 638 De Beyers Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
Next stop is at Tulloch Wines. For over 122 years, the Tulloch family has been passionate about producing hand crafted, premium wines made to enjoy. At Tulloch you don’t just do a wine tasting, you have a wine experience. You will enjoy a delightful Wine & Chocolate Experience, a foray into the world of “degustation” that is easy to reproduce at home or with friends. You will experience the indulgence of Hunter Valley made artisan chocolates as you partner each one with the mouth-watering flavours of Tulloch Wines
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese Shop - Hall of Food, 2144 Broke Rd Tempus Two Winery Hall 1, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
Take time for a visit to the Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese Shop which provides the finest local Australian and imported Artisan cheese gourmet delights, cured meats and accompaniments, including its own "Smelly" product range.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Keith Tulloch Wine, 989 Hermitage Road, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
Our final stop of the day is at Chocolate Lovers Heaven - Cocoa Nib. This beautiful boutique chocolate shop uses only the finest French couverture chocolate and their award-winning chocolates are freshly handmade in small batches and preservative free.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales
Depart from the Hunter Valley approximately 3.30pm to to arrive back in Sydney approximately 5.30- 6.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Sydney CBD locations and most Hunter Valley Hotels.Please wait outside your hotel or agreed meeting point at advised time.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small-group tour of maximum 17 people
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.