Hydroponic Farm Tour
Our farmer is mainly engaged in the production of horticultural and aromatic plants in greenhouses, supported in the innovation of a system of production called hydroponics in NFT (Nutrient Film Technique), with an area of about half a hectare. The challenge included a detailed analysis, business and market prospecting, work follow-up, dynamization of work methods and teamwork, always with the aim of sustainability, streamlining and designing the root vegetables.
Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture, which is the growing of plants in a soil less medium, or an aquatic based environment. Hydroponic growing uses mineral nutrient solutions to feed the plants in water, without soil.
Ready to grow without soil?
Our experience will include:
- Arrival to the farm and welcome by the producer
- Guided tour of the farm
- Sowing and harvesting experience
- Offer of Hydroponics products
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Offer of Hydroponics products
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Serras de Aire e Candeeiros Natural Park, Rio Maior, Santarem 2380 Portugal
Our Farmer has an exploration with one of the latest techniques of culture, hydroponics. Ready to grow without soil?
Departure Point :Serra dos Candeeiros, 2040, Portugal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.