Ile Sainte-Marguerite Independent Day Trip from Cannes by Ferry
Hop on an easy ferry from Cannes to Ile Sainte-Marguerite for a day of hiking, nature-exploring and relaxation. Cruise just 15 minutes off the coast of the French Riviera to the largest of the Lérins Islands, and spend your time here as you please. Hit a forested walking trail, discover diverse bird and plant life, visit the maritime museum or check out the Fort Royal, where the 'Man in the Iron Mask' legend comes to life. Choose from multiple departure times throughout the day to customize your Ile Sainte-Marguerite visit.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip ferry ride
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Board the ferry at Cannes port at your chosen departure time. Just a short 15-minute ferry ride off the French Riviera coast, Ile Sainte-Marguerite forms part of the Lérins Islands archipelago in the Golfe de la Napoule, and offers a heady blend of culture, history and nature.
When you arrive, step off the ferry, breathe in fragrant scents of pine and eucalyptus and head off to begin exploring independently. Pick a hiking trail — well-marked trails cover the island — and traverse dense forests for a botanical discovery. Or simply stroll to the Batéguier pond to spot migratory birds, or Point de la Convention to appreciate a range of unique plant species that call Ile Sainte-Marguerite home.
No trip to the island is complete without a visit to the Fort Royal, a former prison fortress built by Spanish invaders in the 17th century. Here is where the notorious 'Man in the Iron Mask' is said to have been imprisoned. Today the fortress finds new use as a maritime museum, with a wealth of archaeological finds that include 1st-century murals, artifacts from a 10th-century Saracen shipwreck and even Roman–era ceramics.
Another option is the Méditerranoscope marine research center, which works to protect the diverse sea life in the waters around the Lérins Islands. If you get hungry, you can choose from two restaurants and two sandwich kiosks. Or bring a picnic!
Ferries run regularly between Ile Sainte-Marguerite and Cannes, so when you’re ready to head back to the mainland, hop aboard for the short crossing back to port.
Departure Point :2 Quai Max Laubeuf, 06400 Cannes, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Drinks can be purchased on board; there are no bathroom facilities on the ferry
- Be sure to check exact ferry departure and return times before your trip; the last departure from Ile Sainte-Marguerite to Cannes varies depending on the time of year (5pm in winter, 6pm in spring and autumn and 7pm in summer)
- From Fall until Spring, the Royal Fort and Museum is closed on Mondays
- From November to April, all restaurants are closed on the Island
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.