In 4x4 Visit of the rock engravings of Yagour from Marrakech.
After the pickup direction Yagour is also a pastoral territory of more than 80 km belonging to the Berber tribe. It is located between 1900 and 2700m above sea level, or even higher towards the Meltsène which peaks at 3600m.
From April after the snow melt, vast and green meadows - agdal - cover the Yagour plateau. These highlands are open to transhumance in June, and each year welcome more than 5,000 shepherds and their herds from around fifty douars from the High Atlas. This excursion day will bring chance to our meeting times with the Berber shepherds in summer on the Yagour. An original High Atlas excursion which combines the beauty of the crossed sites, the discovery of rock carvings and the meeting with transhumant shepherds . A great discovery through the ancestral history of this region. It may make you want to come back for a hike in the High Atlas, the Yagour or the Zat valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
We offer you a day of High Atlas excursion on the Yagour plateau to discover rock carving sites.
Many more engravings to discover: Shields, axes, club and daggers; but also humanoids and bovids, whose dating is said to be before 3000 BC You will also find various symbols in the form of spirals, labyrinths, circles, serpentiforms… interpreted as traps especially when they are associated with animals, or as symbols which have an aspect and a religious and spiritual role. Near the rock carvings there are pre-Islamic mounds and remains of dwellings from a very ancient period.
• Marrakech-Safi, Marrakech-Safi
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up in any Hotel in Marrakech with an air-conditioned comfort 4x4 or minibus,Airports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.