In Da Nang: Exploring wildlife in Son Tra Nature Reserve
Not a big fan of man-made Ba Na hill? Not religious enough to visit Linh Ung pagoda and Marble Mountains? If you want to find a unique activity in Da Nang and you're into nature, this red-shanked douc langur watching tour is right for you!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation from meeting point to observatory points
- Binoculars and telescope (returned after trip)
- English-speaking expert
- Drinking water
What's excluded :
- Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
- Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
- Personal support to GreenViet fund
- Son Tra Nature Reserve is a natural oxygen manufacturer and clean water resources for Da Nang city. Three sides of the Reserve border the sea while the 4th side offers spectacular views of Danang. The
only remaining coastal rainforest in Vietnam, Son Tra is the most viable stronghold for the endemic
red-shanked douc langur, a species of monkey that could face extinction in the near future without proper conservation efforts.
This program is organized and guided by knowledgeable experts in the field and will open up an opportunity for visitors to
discover wildlife in Son Tra and its values with a focus on the red-shanked douc langurs conservation. Part of the tour price will be used for the conservation fund.
You can choose to enjoy the tour either in the early morning for late afternoon. On the way to Son Tra mountain, you will be surprised at how this modern city looks from far above. When you reach the peak of the mountain, take a short hike (1-2 km) in the forest and learn about Son Tra nature reserve, its fauna and flora. Enjoy several observation points where you might be able to spot these lovely animals.
Departure Point :Vooc Cafe
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Disclaimer: for bookings of 1-2 persons, transportation will be by motorbike. You will be sitting at the back of the expert's motorbike, which is actually the best way to enjoy view of Son Tra. This program is organized and guided by knowledgeable experts in the field, which might justify its higher-than-usual price. You will have the chance to have a deep understanding of not only Son Tra nature reserve, but also nature conservation and the environment in general.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Vietnam Community-Based Tourism Network