Inca Trail 2-Day | Machu Picchu | Train From Ollantaytambo |
5:00 A.M. Pick up from the hotel
5:15 A.M. Departure by car from Cusco - Train station (Ollantaytambo)
7:20 A.M. Travel by train to Km 104
8:20 A.M. Walk of Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna
11:45 A.M. Rest, Visit and Lunch
2:00 P.M. Walk to Machu Picchu
4:30 P.M. Descent by bus to Aguas Calientes 25 min.
6:30 P.M. Dinner and overnight.
5:00 A.M. Breakfast
5:30 A.M. Go up by bus to Machu Picchu 25 minutes approx.
6:00 Sunrise at Machu Picchu.
7:00 A.M. Guided tour in Machu Picchu 2 hrs. approx.
Free time to visit on your own.
1:30 P.M. Return to Aguas Calientes.
4:12 P.M. Return by train to Ollantaytambo
5:50 P.M. Transfer by car, Ollantaytambo - Cusco
8:00 P.M. Arrival in Cusco and transfer to the hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Pick up from hotel in Cusco.
- First aid kit, oxygen bottle
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Transfers from hotel to the train station.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish)
- Train ticket Ollanta to Km. 104
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Entry/Admission - Inca Trail
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Visit the thermal baths in the village of "Aguas Calientes".
- Bus ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes (outward / return).
Day 1: DAY 1: CUSCO – WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHU PICCHU
Stop At: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu Peru
Early in the morning, we will pick you up at your hotel for transferring you to the train station in Ollantaytambo for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, during the tour, you might see the Sacred Valley of the Incas, farmland, majestic snow; Ollantaytambo and board the train that will take you to the km. 104 the journey is approximately 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 masl / 7,217 ft.) where we will begin the walk, pass the bridge that is on the Urubamba river or Willkamayuc which translated from Quechua means "Sacred River" which was very important to them. Upon reaching the checkpoint, you'll have to show identification documents either Passport or Certificate of Alien Registration and National Identity. 15-minute walk is where there is the archaeological center and Choquesuysuy Chachabamba that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after this visit, we will begin the walk through stands in ascending up to the next place, in the way, we will observe the Sacred Valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids semi-tropical forest, after 4 hours of walk, we'll reach Wiñaywayna (2,650 masl / 8,694 ft.) which shows a perfect example of what was farming at the time of the Incas, as along its slopes lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name "Wiñaywayna" comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and whose meaning in Spanish "Young Forever " and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the "Temple of the Iris Rainbow" also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the lunchbox to refuel and continue until we reach Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the journey, we're going to walk two hours through an Andean road, stone staircases and drums ("resting places") until the Inti Punku - "Puerta del Sol /Sungate" (2,720 masl / 8,923 ft) in time of the Incas, it worked as an access control point to the citadel of Machu Picchu; from here, you may have a breathtaking panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the valley that surrounds it, then we'll descend for about 30 minutes to the wonder of the world: Machu Picchu (2,490 masl / 8,169 ft.) and finally we'll take the bus to "Aguas Calientes" - Machu Picchu People (2,160 masl / 7,086 ft.), the trip takes 25 minutes, here we're going to spend the night in a hostel. If you are not too tired, you can visit the hot springs that is 5 minutes from the village the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance and have a few drinks in a bar, we'll inform you that "Aguas Calientes" has a variety of bars and restaurants including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank.
Hostel night in the village of “Aguas Calientes”.
Duration: 14 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Day 2: DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
This day we will start very early and after breakfast we board the first bus, we will travel for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Once the visit is finished, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu, this costs $ 75 USD extra per person.
At the appropriate time, we'll descend from Machu Picchu to "Aguas Calientes" where you will be able to enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, we'll take the train back to Cusco (you must be in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), arriving at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car).
End of the services.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.