Into the Glacier: Langjökull Glacier Ice Cave Tour from Húsafell
Put the ice in Iceland with this trip to Langjökull glacier, the second largest glacier in Iceland. On this 3,5 hour tour, your guide won't just take you to see Langjökull — you'll go inside it! Traveling by a modified glacier vehicle over the ice, explore the man-made tunnels carved into the glacier and gawk at the lights that glow behind the ice. See crevasses and learn about Iceland's history and geology from your expert guide on this this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
What's included :
- Transport by glacier vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Langjokull Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Into the Glacier
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transfer from Reykjavik to the Glacier Edge or Husafell
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hraunfossar, Road 518, Husafell 311 Iceland
Not included in the tour but guests joining the Classic tour will have the opportunity to see the famous Hraunfossar or "Lava falls" which are visible just before entering Húsafell. We recommend taking a short stop there either before or after your tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Langjokull Glacier, Iceland
Our guests will travel with us from Húsafell up the slopes of Langjökull, Iceland's second largest glacier. They will have a view of the glacier itself and will also take a look inside as the traverse through the largest man-made ice tunnel in the world
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Into the Glacier, Húsafell, Iceland
Enjoy the opportunity of a lifetime as we journey up the white slopes and go deep inside the man-made ice tunnels leading to the blue heart of the glacier. We will ride in modified glacier vehicles specially made to explore the glacier environment and enjoy the view as we drive on top of the ice cap. Our experienced guides will lead the way and make sure that everyone is both enjoying themselves and learning the basics of glacier knowledge.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Stórarjóður, Húsafell, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Itinerary is subject to change
- Warm waterproof clothes, sturdy footwear and sunglasses recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.