Jaipur Cultural Tour by Walk
Jaipur is famous for its historic palaces and ancient temples, but away from the busy landmarks there's a welcoming and vibrant city to explore. On this tour, escape the tourist trail and experience an authentic slice of life in Jaipur. Explore the flower markets and spice bazaars by rickshaw and on foot, sample local street food, and enjoy the chance to meet some of Jaipur's artisans & craftspeople with your English speaking guide.
* Join our small group tour of maximum 6 travelers.
* Step off the tourist trail to see a more real side of life in Jaipur.
* Explore the city's markets and bazaars by rickshaw and on foot.
* Meet and chat to Jaipur's local craftspeople with your guide.
* Taste some of the street food Jaipur's residents love.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tripolia Bazar Street, Jaipur India
Group tour: max 6 pax
Duration: 4 hours
Mode: Walking and rickshaw rides
Markets/bazaars on the itinerary: bridal market, flower market, incense and spice market, fruit and vegetable market (and many more bazaars)
Artisans & craftsmen you will interact with: Sweetmeat maker, turban maker, statue sculptor, clay potter, block printer.
Also on the itinerary: Visits to old temples and havelis (heritage residences)
For the taste buds: Jaipur’s famous street foods, chai-tea, lassi and sweets & snacks during the walk. Hygienic kitchen and delicious local dishes on the menu.
What you can expect
This tour has been designed especially to let the foreign tourists get an immersive experience into the everyday life of India. Here, you can expect an intellectual, informative and interesting cultural walk that goes beyond the usual touristy glitz and instead gives you an immersive experience in the local favors of the city.
Your guide will take you for this 4 hours’ group tour (max 6 pax). The longer distances will be covered by rickshaw ride to retain the energy levels for walking in the labyrinthine by-lanes of this colorful royal city. You will be able to interact with Jaipur’s natives at their local residences and work places. You will weave through meandering lanes to explore traditional bazaars like bridal market, flower market, incense and spice market, vegetable and fruit market, and various other bazaars. You will see the bangle maker, sweetmeats maker, turban maker, statue sculptor and clay potter at work. You will also visit old temples and heritage residences called havelis famed for their quaint architecture and fine artisanal craftsmanship. While visiting areas of the old city, you will also be able to grasp the caste system in India. During the walk, you will get to taste the best street foods Jaipur has to offer.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Government Maharaja Public Library, Chaura Rasta Rd, Opposite To Tripolia Gate, Bapu Bazar, Biseswarji, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.