Jamaican Music History Tour of Kingston
Kingston is the birth place of Reggae Music! On this exciting musical odyssey for guests staying in Kingston and designed for music lovers, you will learn about the various forms of music, visit locations important to the music, have the opportunity to record music in a modern studio, as well as purchase music. The Bob Marley Museum is a must see stop on the tour for all fans of the King of Reggae. This tour is an excellent choice if you are interested in music, music history, culture, food, and community. You will be guided by experts familiar with the musical scene and the ins and outs of Kingston.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Trench Town tour fee
- Jamaica Music Museum entry fee
- Bob Marley Museum entry fee
What's excluded :
- On this Jamaican music history tour the focus will be on exposing you to the history of Jamaican music as well as the feelings that you have while experiencing the music. This tour is must for music lovers!
You will first be picked up at your Kingston hotel by your expert guide/driver and placed in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle. The first stop will be at the Bob Marley Museum. There you will learn the rich history of one of Kingston's great ambassadors known as the King of Reggae. From there you will head to a delicious Jamaican lunch to nourish you for the remainder of your tour. After lunch you will head downtown towards the famous Orange Street to shop for vinyl in one of the oldest record shops still standing.
In Trench Town you can have a drink at the bar, sit in the courtyard with folks from the community, or have a listen to the band that is practicing. If you wish you can do a tour of this community to learn more about how it produced so many of the island's musical greats. Then the final stop is at a modern studio for a recording session. At the end of your session you will get a copy of the recording as a happy souvenir.
At the end of the tour you will be returned to your Kingston hotel. The day will be an enjoyable, entertaining, educational one. This tour is truly a unique experience!
Departure Point :Kingston, Kingston, Kingston Parish, Jamaica
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.