Japanese SAKE lesson & tasting at Izakaya pub
Do you like drinking? If you so, must try Japanese SAKE!
It’s become popular in Asia, US, and Europe nowadays.
However, SAKE has a lots of variety like wine or beer.
In Japan, we have around 1,500 SAKE brewery and It is said
that the number of brands will be over 20,000 types.
If you’re not so familiar with SAKE, it will be difficult to find which one suits you.
I've been working for a food magazine long time, so I have much information about food and drink. It's mean I can offer you much variety of that and advise you which SAKE suits your taste, what food suits for each type of it. Finally, you'll find your own special combination!
Let’s enjoy my lesson at Izakaya pub with local vibrant atmosphere!
per adult from
What's included :
- Casual lesson about Japanese SAKE (Nihon-shu)
- Alcoholic Beverages - 3 glass of Japanese SAKE (first 2 glass are selected by tour guide, next 1 glass you can choice with yourself)
- Snacks - 3 appetizers suits your SAKE (selected by tour guide)
- Japanese SAKE guide for your own (Details of today's lesson, recommended SAKE list, tips, etc.)
What's excluded :
I offer you a lesson and tasting Japanese SAKE.
The venue is local Izakaya restaurant known for tasty Yakitori (grilled chicken skewer),
just 4 minutes walk from Shinjuku station.
At the table, first you learn about SAKE, how to make, how different types they have,
what is their own strong point each brand, etc.
And I ask your favorite taste about food and drink. Sweet, dry, bitter, savory, aromatic..
because it’s a very important factor in finding the right SAKE for you.
After the lesson, it's time to tasting! At first, please try to taste 2 types of SAKE which I choice.
Then you’ll find your taste, so you can choice 1 more SAKE with yourself.
Tasty SAKE will makes you hungry, but no worries!
This lesson include 3 appetizers for your SAKE.
Finally, you’ll find your own special combination.
Through the lesson, if you feel close to Japanese SAKE world, it’s my pleasure!
*The venue allowed to smoking.
*age under 20, prohibited to drink alcohol in Japan.
*This tour is not suitable for teenager or small kids.
Departure Point :JR Shinjuku Station, 3 Chome-38-1 Shinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tōkyō-to, Japan
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.