Jerusalem Haredi Jewish Neighborhood Walking Tour
Explore the Orthodox Jewish quarter of Jerusalem, on a 3-hour walking tour. Led by a knowledgeable guide, the tour offers a fascinating insight into the life and culture of the city’s Haredi Jews. Visit the places integral to their way of life such as an active synagogue, bakery and community center. Sample traditional Jewish pastries and bread, admire ancient artifacts in a local library, and learn all about the role of the religious community in modern Israeli society.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Abraham Hostel Jerusalem, כיכר הדווידקה, Ha-Nevi'im St 67, Jerusalem, 9470211, Israel
Our Meet the Ultra-Orthodox Jews tour is designed to give you a glimpse into the rich cultural and religious identity of the Ultra-Orthodox Jews living in Jerusalem
Stop At: Me'a She'arim, Mea Shearim Street, Jerusalem Israel
Our Meet the Ultra-Orthodox Jews Tour is designed to give you a glimpse into the rich cultural and religious identity of the Ultra-Orthodox Jews, better known as Haredim or “God fearers,” living in Jerusalem. We will visit a traditional neighborhood, which isn’t typically visited by tourists, giving you the opportunity to remove the veil of a culture that most people have only observed from the outside.
The tour is guided by a member of the local Ultra Orthodox Community, who will take you for a walk around the streets of a nearby Ultra-Orthodox neighborhood. Along the way, your guide will point out many significant religious symbols, customs and sites. You will also be shown places such as a book store, music store, restaurant, typical bakery, clothes shop, synagogue, Yeshiva and more to get an insight into. Note that some of these places won’t be possible to enter as it’s forbidden by the local community, so you’ll get a glimpse from the outside with explanations from you guide.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Abraham Hostel Jerusalem, כיכר הדווידקה, Ha-Nevi'im St 67, Jerusalem, 9470211, Israel
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Modest dress code is required for both men and women
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.