Jerusalem Trip Mount of Olives & the Temple mount from Tel Aviv
Explore the Mount of Olives and Temple Mount with Professional Guide.
The tour starts from Tel Aviv proceed to the Mount of Olives for a breathtaking panoramic view across Jerusalem. Descending the Mount of Olives to Kidron Valley we see ancient monumental Jewish tombs and reach the Old City where we enter via the Dung Gate. We visit Temple Mount where Solomon’s Temple and the Second Temple once stood. Today Temple Mount is home to the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque. In the event that Temple Mount is closed to visitors, we will visit the Tower of David instead. We continue on to the Davidson Center, an archaeological park flanking Temple Mount where we can see excavated architectural elements from the First and Second Temple periods as well as exhibits in the Davidson Center Museum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Temple Mount
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple Mount, Al Aqsa Mosque Complex, Jerusalem Israel
After being picked up from your hotel you’ll be taken to the Mount of Olives where you can enjoy the spectacular views of Jerusalem’s steeples, domes and towers as well as the Old City walls and Temple Mount. Pass by many beautiful churches on the mount on route to Kidron Valley that lies between the Mount of Olives and Old City walls. In Kidron Valley see the magnificent Tomb of Absalom; Tomb of Benei Hezir and the Tomb of Zechariah all dating back to the 1st century.
Continue on to the 16th century Dung Gate where the tour enters the Old City and takes you to Temple Mount, a site held sacred by Christians, Muslims and Jews. It was here that Solomon built the First Temple which was destroyed in 587BC. The Second Temple stood on Temple Mount from 516BC to 70AD. The Temple held the Ark of the Covenant where the ten commandments were kept. Today the mount is home to the magnificent Dome of the Rock built in 687AD; the Al-Aqsa Mosque, the third holiest site in Islam and the Dome of Chains. You can see these impressive structures and learn about Temple Mount’s incredible history. On occasion Temple Mount is closed to visitors, if so the tour will visit the Tower of David instead of Temple Mount.
Next, we visit the Davidson Center an archaeological site alongside Temple Mount. Here you can see excavated artifacts and architectural structures from various historic periods including the First and Second Temple Periods, Byzantine, Muslim and Crusader eras. Among the archeological finds at the Davidson Center are walls from the First Temple Period; steps leading up to Temple Mount; a Second Temple era street; ritual baths and more. The tour comes to an end when you are returned to your hotel.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Herzliya, Israel
3: Netanya, Israel
4: Jerusalem, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Tel Aviv: 07:15 • Pickup from Hertzliya: 07:00 • Pickup from Netanya: 06:30 • Pickup from Jerusalem: 08:30
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In the event that Temple Mount is closed to visitors we will tour the Tower of David instead.
- Entrance to Temple Mount is subject to strict security measures
- Security checks are conducted at the entrance to Temple Mount. Please note that no religious objects (including Bible book) or weapons of any kind are permitted on Temple Mount.
- The tour proceeds on foot through the Kidron Valley and Old City; a minimum level of physical fitness is required.
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.