Jet Boat Adventure and Raptor Expedition - Haines Departure
Be entertained with tales of the culture, natural history, and life in rural Alaska as you make your way to the private property of Chilkat River Adventures. You'll be outfitted with warm outerwear, then board a river boat for a journey through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve. Cruise along miles of tributaries of the stunning, glacially carved, braided Chilkat River system. The boat is powered by four stroke outboard jet motors and is uncovered for the best wildlife, scenery, and photography opportunities. Moose are often the highlight of the tour along with bald eagles with their massive nests dotted along the river banks. If you encounter a moose, bear or any other wildlife, make sure you notify your captain to get your Alaska photo of a lifetime! Leave with a meal and head back towards Haines to view live raptors and shop for some memorabilia from the gift shop at the American Bald Eagle Foundation. Leave with a new appreciation of Alaska's Wilderness and those who call it home.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up at Ships pier unless other arrangements have been made
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Jet Boats are powered with twin 150 hp outboards that are eco friendly. Time on the river is 1.5 hours.
- Outerwear provided for inclement weather conditions
- Local taxes
- Lunch - Box lunch is provided for bus ride back to town, consisting of a chicken caesar wrap, chips, cookies and bottled water.
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
Explore miles of tributaries on the stunning, glacially-carved Chilkat River system. A local professional guide/naturalist ensures your comfort every step of the way and provides entertaining, informative narration about living in Haines and why they love it. After your river tour, enjoy the scenery on your way back to Haines. We will make a stop at the American Bald Eagle Foundation and enjoy the live raptors and wonderful little gift shop. This Haines shore excursion is ideal for nature and animal lovers and adventurers.
• Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, Miles 8 Thru 31 Haines Highway, Haines, AK
• Chilkat River Adventures, 842 Main St., Haines, AK 99827-0556
• Chilkat River, Haines Highway, Haines, AK 99827
• American Bald Eagle Foundation, 113 Haines Highway, Haines, AK 99827
Departure Point :Port Chilkoot Dock - Cruise Ship Dock, Haines, AK 99827, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress in warm layers and comfortable shoes
- You must reconfirm with supplier for exact departure time as it changes daily. Failure to reconfirm may result in tour cancellation.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum number of 2 guests applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Wheelchairs and Scooters cannot be accomodated
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are suggested for guests who may have a compromised conditions. The river tour will not require masks as the excursion takes place outdoors in an uncovered boat.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.