When the Nazis got on power in 1933, the Jewish community of Berlin was the biggest one in Germany. I invite for a 3 hour guided tour through the old jewish district of the German capital, from the first synagogue of 1714 to the New One built in 1866. We will discover how the Berlin Jewish community influenced the rest of the Jewish community in Europe with characters like Moses Mendelssohn.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- The meeting point will be in front of the Starbucks Coffee Shop on the Hackescher Markt.
Then we will see :
- the traces of the first Synagogue from 1714
- the memorial for the women in Rosenstrasse
- the memorial for Moses Mendelssohn
- the Otto Weidt Museum
- the Hackescher Höfe
- the Grosse Hamburger Strasse with the Jewish Cemetery, the memorial for the former Elderly house, the Jewish school
- the Missing House, the stumbling stones
- the New synagogue (only the outside) from 1866 and rebuilt in the 1990s
All the tour will be made by walking, it is not such a long distance between the different spots.
Departure Point :The Starbucks Coffee Shop on Hackescher Markt
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.