Jewish Cooking Class in Budapest
Unique culinary program in Budapest by family recipes.
Do you know Rugelach? Have you prepared Challah or Matzo balls? If you are interested in traditional Central-European Jewish cousine, come and cook together. Learn about the origin of Jewish dishes and drinks as well as their preparation and have a look at how we live in Budapest. I would like to share a lot of interesting family stories with you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Dinner - 3-course dinner
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- every kitchen equipment, pot, ingredient and my help
What's excluded :
- What I offer:
- we make together a traditional 3-course Jewish menu (soup/starter, main course and dessert),
- you can choose one from 2 different menus (see below),
- all the ingredients, kitchen pots and equipment,
- small group and cosy atmosphere,
- my help and guidance (I am a professional cook),
- 4-hour cooking experience with interesting information and stories about the history of Central European Jews as well as about the bustling Jewish life in Budapest,
- the recipes of the dishes, which you can take home,
- you can taste typical Jewish welcome snack as well,
- drinks: Palinka (fruit brandy), Hungarian wine, soft drinks, mineral water, tea and coffee,
- at the end of the cooking we will eat together and enjoy the result of your efforts.
You can choose ONE from the following different menus:
Jewish egg paté with Challah,
Roasted goose leg with mushed potatoes and sauté red cabbage,
Rugelach (small crescent)
Meat soup with Matzo balls,
Honey chicken with dried plum and apricot
Flodni (layer cake)
• Kitchen Pixie Budapest - Cooking Classes and Private Dining, Kiraly utca 77. I./17., Budapest 1077 Hungary
• Jewish egg paté with Challah
• Roasted goose leg with mashed potatoes and sauté red cabbage
Departure Point :Budapest, Király u. 77, 1077 Hungary
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.