Johnston Canyon to the Inkpots
Hike through a narrow canyon and see how water in its many forms has shaped the mountains over time. After reaching the back of the canyon, go further and explore the ink pots, a great day out covering 11.6 km with 215 m elevation gain.
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking crampons
What's excluded :
This tour offers access to the famed Johnston Canyon, hike through one of the most iconic canyon's in the Canadian Rockies and enjoy waterfalls and great mountain vistas along the way. In summer feel the spray of water from the falls, in winter enjoy interesting ice formations, and maybe see ice climbers too! Enjoy an early lunch upon meeting at the Black Swift Bistro with a $25 voucher on the day of your tour!
Departure Point :Johnston Canyon, Bow Valley Pkwy, Improvement District No. 9, AB T1L 1K2, Canada
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guests are required to sign a declaration of health and exposure attesting to good health, not having been exposed to anyone who is sick, and that they are following provincial travel recommendations. Guests bring a mask, hand sanitizer and eye protection in the event protocols can't be followed.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.