Join Carol, a Local in her Home for a Traditional Chilean Cooking Class and Meal
Your host Carol offers a hands-on cooking experience during which you will get to cook along with her to prepare a traditional Chilean meal. She lives in a well-decorated apartment with beautiful views of the city from her balcony. Please note that as Carol's kitchen is small, you will use the dinning table to help with prep work and will watch Carol adding the finishing touches to the meal in the kitchen. After the cooking portion of the experience you will enjoy the meal you helped create together.
Carol loves having people over to cook for is and excited to prepare some her favorite dishes with you while sharing stories of growing up in Chile! Potential dishes you might make are pebre (a type of salsa with tomatoes, onion and coriander), palta reina (avocado with smoked salmon, cream cheese and parsley filling) and pastel de jaiba (Chilean crab casserole), and a dessert such as mousse de chirimoya (a fruit from the north of Chile served with orange syrup).
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class and homecooked meal with your host Carol
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local Santiago home with your host Carol. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Carol will teach you 2-3 traditional Chilean dishes from family recipes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together. This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional Chilean culture and cuisine.
• Traveling Spoon, Santiago Chile
• Sopaipilla and pebre - fried pastry and a type of salsa with tomatoes, onion and coriander
• Palta reina - avocado with smoked salmon, cream cheese and parsley filling
• Pastel de jaiba - Chilean crab casserole
• mousse de chirimoya - a fruit from the north of Chile served with orange syrup
Departure Point :Antonio Bellet, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.