Jumping Crocs & Nature Adventure Cruise from Darwin
Just 60km from Darwin lies the Adelaide River, home to over 1600 Crocodiles and the location of the famous Jumping Crocodiles. Join this tour in the afternoon and travel down the Stuart Highway to the Adelaide River, enjoying commentary about the outskirts of Darwin along the way. Cruise the river and thrill as these awesome creatures launch themselves out of the water. The cruise will enable you to see these prehistoric creatures at close range. Afterwards continue to the Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre for view over the Marrakai Plains and then it’s on to Fogg Dam Nature Reserve to view a wetland ecosystem up close. It’s also a good opportunity to spot for birds and other wildlife.
per adult from
5 hours 15 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Small group wetlands cruise on the Adelaide River
- Professional local guide
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected Darwin hotels
- Entry/Admission - Window on the Wetlands
- Entry/Admission - Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Window on the Wetlands, Middle Point NT 0822, Australia
Enjoy superb views across the floodplains. Green season views can often be accompanied by spectacular lightning storms. Watch the interactive displays that offer an insight into the ecological processes that occur in the wetlands.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Adelaide River, Adelaide River, Top End, Northern Territory
Cruise on the Adelaide River, home to over 1,600 crocodiles. View these prehistoric creatures up-close as your wildlife guide entices them to leap out of the water for a taste of buffalo meat. Learn about crocodile biology, territorial habits and their value to the eco system and see an amazing array of native birdlife.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve, Arnhem Highway, Humpty Doo, Northern Territory Australia
Visit Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve, where the scenery is impressive year-round, and as the wetlands recede, the dam becomes a birdwatcher’s delight. Because of its monsoon and eucalypt forest, melaleuca woodland and open water, the area attracts a diverse range of reptiles, mammals and marsupials
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location. This tour departs Darwin Transit Centre located behind 69 Mitchell Street Darwin at 1:10pm.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- During the booking process you will be required to choose your hotel pick-up details. If your hotel does not appear in the drop down list the supplier does not pick-up from your hotel and you will be required to contact the supplier to arrange a suitable alternative
- Guests that require a wheelchair are welcome on our tours providing they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require special assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle. Wheelchairs will be stored under the vehicle whilst in transit.
- If travelling with an infant that requires a stroller, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure the can be accommodated.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.