Jvari, Mtskheta and Upliscikhe: unique landscapes
We will visit ancient historical capital of Georgia. Also, ancient cave city, which will impress you with its authenticity,history, views from that place.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced Guide
- Entry/Admission - Uplistsiche Cave Town
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Jvari Monastery is a sixth-century Georgian Orthodox monastery near Mtskheta, eastern Georgia. Along with other historic structures of Mtskheta, it is listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
The city of Mtskheta had been the capital of the ancient Iveria kingdom for 8 centuries and witnessed a lot of events: here King Parnavaz created the state and strengthened the country, here Roman troops passed led by Pompey, and exactly here habitants of the Eastern Georgia adopted Christianity after witnessing of Nino of Cappadocia.
If you are a wine lover, we offer you to visit Yago, one of the most famous wine makers in Georgia, and taste wine made from Chinuri grapes and produced only here, and have a good lunch in the local restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Uplistsiche Cave Town, Kvakhvreli 15 km Eastwards to Town Gori, Gori 1423 Georgia
Uplistsikhe is an old cave city founded at the end of the II century BC. The city is located high above the Kura river valley, and you can endlessly walk along its streets.
Only 150 caves out of former 700 survived, and the purpose of many of them are still points of the scientific disputes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.