Kalametiya Bird Watching,Lagoon Safari trip From any Hotels Southern Province
This two and a half birding excursion into the heart of the sanctuary will begin at 6 a.m. (for morning tours) or 3.30 p.m. You will first be met our Driver guide at the hotel Lobby and bring you to designated location, where you will be warmly greeted by your naturalist/guide. You will then set out on an adventurous journey through the beautiful bird sanctuary.You will be on a floating device, made by combining 2 traditional dugout canoes used for fishing. Though they are made out of fiber now, just about 10 years back the majority of these canoes were dugout out of large tree trunks. This will be skillfully steered by your guide using a long stick with our any motors being used. The entire vessel is exclusively for you / your group only.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bird Watching Guide
- Boat with a rider at the Lagoon
- Bird books
- Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kalametiya Bird Watching & Ecotourism
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kalametiya Bird Watching & Ecotourism, No 95/1, Bata Atha South Hungama, Kalametiya, Tangalle 82120 Sri Lanka
Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary
Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary is a one of oldest and main bird sanctuary in Sri lanka. In 1938 Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary was declared a wildlife sanctuary. But in 1946 Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary was abolished because of the opposition of local residents. How ever once again Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary was declared as a wildlife sanctuary in 1984.
Kalametiya bird sanctuary is situated in Hambantota distric Srilanka. 20 Km away from Tangalle city. today This is a main bird watching site in Srilanka. This sanctuary include Kalametiya mangrove lagoon and area. This is a brackish water lagoon very close to beach. There are many pictures places in this area.
There are over 150 species of birds in Kalametiya bird sanctuary including 54 migratory birds. additionally about 20 species of mammals, about 41 species of fish and 38 species of reptiles live in Kalametiya bird sanctuary. This is a haven for weaver birds. there are many weaver bird nest in the bird sanctuary.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up all the travelers from the hotels
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- PCR test would be done on arrival at the airport. No Charges and result will be 4-6 hours from Aug. travelers must stay 1 st night at Colombo or Negombo Certified 4* or 5* Hotel. A further test will be done 5 days after arrival by a mobile unit in Coordination with your Local Travel agent.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.