Kampong Phluk Floating Village tour
Discover the beautiful Kampong Phluk, a floating village built of stilted houses on the flood plain of Tonle Sap lake. On rain season, lake rises and submerges the foundation of those houses, which you get to explore by boat. On dry season when the water level drops, you can actually walk on the ground and see the lively rural village. After exploring the village, we'll sail into Tonle Sap lake where you relax under the gorgeous sunset.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water - To fight the scorching sun, we provide free icy bottled water to make sure you're always hydrated.
- Refreshing face towels
What's excluded :
- Kampong Phluk boat ticket ($20 per person), sold at entrance
- Entry/Admission - Tonle Sap Lake
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kampong Phluk Floating Village, Siem Reap Cambodia
A rural village consisted of traditional stilted houses, Kampong Phluk is a unique place to experience the fishing culture around Tonle Sap lake. The name means "Harbor of the Tusks". The community largely depends on fishing for survival, spending Cambodia's wet season fishing. Some floating villages around Tonle Sap lake have become tourist scams and commercial traps (such as Chong Kneas), yet Kampong Phluk remained untouched and is highly recommended to people who loves culture and photography.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tonle Sap Lake, Lower Mekong Basin Cambodia
Passing through a long river bed, we enter the Tonle Sap lake, a seasonally inundated lake that is connected to the Mekong River. As one of the world's most varied and productive ecosystems the region has always been of central importance for Cambodia's food supply. It proved capable of largely maintaining the Angkorean civilization, the largest pre-industrial settlement complex in world history. If you come in afternoon, you will be able to enjoy fantastic sunset view on the lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please specify your (and everyone else's) hotel name when booking the tour, and our driver will pickyou all up.
Departure Time :Tour with Tuk Tuk 6/1/2019 - 10/3/2021
Tour with Air-conditioned Van 6/1/2019 - 10/3/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 03:00 PM
Tour with Air-conditioned Car 6/1/2019 - 10/3/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 03:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.