Kandy Day Tour from Colombo
Have a magical day in Kandy! The Hill Capital of Kandy was the last bastion of the Sinhala kings and is rich in history and culture. Kandy was the last capital of Sinhalese before the capture of the British in 1815. Kandy, for its sacredness and the spiritual significance of the temple, was declared to be a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1988. Set around an attractive man-made lake in Sri Lanka's scenic hill country, Kandy is a charming city offering a living record of a magnificent past. The Temple of the Tooth is located in the centre of town and contains the well-guarded tooth casket, as well as a series of elaborate Buddha images and a detailed legend on how the tooth arrived in Kandy.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Entry/Admission - Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show
What's excluded :
- Restroom on board
- WiFi on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya Road, Peradeniya 20400 Sri Lanka
The origins of the Botanic Gardens date as far back as 1371 when King Wickramabahu III ascended the throne and kept court at Peradeniya near the Mahaweli river. This was followed by King Kirti Sri and King Rajadhi Rajasinghe. A temple was built on this location by King Wimala Dharma, but it was destroyed by the British when they were given control over the Kingdom of Kandy. It is renowned for its collection of orchids. The garden includes more than 4000 species of plants, including orchids, spices, medicinal plants and palm trees. Attached to it is the National Herbarium of Sri Lanka. The total area of the botanical garden is 147 acres (0.59 km2), at 460 meters above sea level, and with a 200-day annual rainfall. It is managed by the Division of National Botanic Gardens of the Department of Agriculture.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist sanctuary in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is situated in the regal castle complex of the previous Kingdom of Kandy, which houses the relic of the tooth of the Buddha. Since antiquated circumstances, the relic has assumed a vital part in neighborhood legislative issues since it is trusted that whoever holds the relic holds the administration of the nation. Kandy was the last capital of the Sri Lankan lords and is a World Heritage Site predominantly because of the sanctuary.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kandy Lake, Centre of Kandy City, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Kandy Lake, otherwise called Kiri Muhuda or the Sea of Milk, is a manufactured lake in the heart of the slope city of Kandy, Sri Lanka, worked in 1807 by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe alongside the Temple of the Tooth. Throughout the years, it was lessened in size. Overwhelming the town is Kandy Lake. A restful walk around it, with a couple stops on the lakeside seats, is a charming approach to spend a couple of hours, in spite of the fact that monoxide-spurting transports pitching around the southern edge of the lake can damage the peace to some degree.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show, 7 Sangamitta Mawatha, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Calling it a traditional Kandyan dance performance is something of a misnomer as the shows are very much aimed at audience entertainment and contain dance routines and costumes from across the country, including the famous ‘devil’ dances of the west coast (which are very hard to see in their home region). Be escorted to a performance of the traditional Kandyan dance, accompanied by tumultuous drumming. Dances include the cobra dance, mask dance, the Ginisila, showing power over fire. The entire frenetic and colourful spectacle climaxes with the amazing fire-walking act.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in ColomboAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.