Kangaroo Island Sandboard Rental
When visiting Kangaroo Island, head to Vivonne Bay to try sandboarding, a sport like surfing, snowboarding or skateboarding but performed on sand dunes instead of water, snow or pavement. With your 2-hour rental, the staff provides the sandboard, wax, safety briefing and tips to get you started before you drive yourself to the nearby Little Sahara, an extensive collection of sand dunes perfect for beginning and experienced sandboarders alike. With prime access to the powdery dunes, enjoy two hours of downhill play.
per adult from
What's included :
- All necessary equipment
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Make your own way to the outfitter’s office in Little Sahara to pick up your equipment from the staff, which makes sure to match you with a sandboard that suits your skill level. Receive a safety briefing and short instruction on how to apply the provided beeswax, which is key to optimizing your board’s performance. Then pick up some tips on sandboarding and how to get the most out of your time on the dunes.
Part of a system of naturally occurring coastal dunes on the south coast of Kangaroo Island, the Little Sahara covers a little less than 1 square mile (2 square km) on a private property.
Beginners can get started on gentle hills while the more skilled or adventurous types head to the steeper ones. Like snowboarding, the sandboard straps to your feet and allows you to cruise down the slopes, performing turns and tricks as your skills improve. The size of the dunes varies, with the highest dune standing approximately 230 feet (70 meters) above sea level. For great views and photo opportunities, it’s worth it to climb to the top.
At the end of your 2-hour rental, return your gear to the office before continuing to your next destination.
Departure Point :Little Sahara Adventure Centre, 3733 S Coast Rd, Vivonne Bay SA 5223, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.