Kata Tjuta Sunrise and Valley of the Winds Half-Day Trip
View the sunrise at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and a walk with your Guide to the Valley of the Winds. Hear fascinating stories of the geology, history and culture of Kata Tjuta. This incredible formation of rock domes extends six kilometres into the ground and is the remains of erosion that began more than 500 million years ago. The walk to Valley of the Winds takes you down into a timeless haven within the domes through trickling creek beds.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Enjoy a light breakfast including cereal, fruit and a muffin
- Professional Local Guide
- Learn all about the spectacular Kata Tjuta with your expert local guide
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Entry/Admission - Kata-Tjuta Dunes Viewing Area
- Entry/Admission - Kata Tjuta - Valley of the Winds
What's excluded :
- Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park Entry fee
- Entry/Admission - Uluru
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uluru Rd, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
Departing the resort you’ll be one of the first to enter Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park today
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kata-Tjuta Dunes Viewing Area, Petermann NT 0872, Australia
• Travel to the Kata Tjuta Dune Viewing platform and enjoy a warming tea, coffee or hot chocolate with your light breakfast
• Watch the dawn creep across the desert plain and light up the domes of Kata Tjuta
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kata Tjuta - Valley of the Winds, Kata Tjuta Rd, Petermann NT 0872, Australia
Join your Driver Guide and Guide for the walk to the first lookout, Karu – your Guide will point out interesting rare plants along the way
• If you’re feeling adventurous, take the challenging walk with your Guide to the second lookout, Karingana, and enjoy the spectacular views into the heart of this sacred men’s area
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 04:00 AM - 06:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, and the Australian desert can be quite cool in the early morning. Please dress appropriately
- A considerable amount of walking is involved, please ensure appropriate footwear is warn
- You will be required to bring your own water bottles, which altogether are able to hold a minimum capacity of 2 litres per person (these can be filled with water on board the coach).
- National Park Pass is free of charge to December 31 2020 and $25 per person thereafter
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.